Answered

Amazon Music - Can't play purchased music without shuffling

• 2 November 2022
  • 5 replies

I don’t have an Amazon Unlimited subscription, but I do have Prime. I also have quite a lot of purchased music, mostly gained automatically through buying the CDs but also a few I have purchased digitally through Amazon music.

Now, when attempting to play these purchased albums through Sonos (S1), clicking on them does not display the tracks. Attempting to play them does not add them to the queue (it shows as “Not In Use”) and the tracks are played in a random shuffled order.

icon

Best answer by Smilja 2 November 2022, 18:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hi.  Where is this purchased music stored?  I don’t see how it relates to Amazon Music (at least not the ripped CDs).

As of yesterday, that’s the new Amazon Prime Music. It’s similar to Spotify Free now just without ads.

Didn't Amazon email you about the upcoming change?

If you have trouble playing purchased albums through Sonos I’d recommend getting in touch with Sonos Support.

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact?language=en_US

As of yesterday, that’s the new Amazon Prime Music. It’s similar to Spotify Free now just without ads.

If you have trouble playing purchased albums through Sonos I’d recommend getting in touch with Sonos Support.

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact?language=en_US

From what I understand, playing purchased albums with Amazon prime music is a system wide issue, not specific to Sonos.  A coworker was complaining about it earlier today, and he’s not using Sonos.

Hi.  Where is this purchased music stored?  I don’t see how it relates to Amazon Music (at least not the ripped CDs).

Purchased music is in the Amazon Music section under “My Music”. This contains music specifically purchased from Amazon.

Amazon did e-mail me about the upcoming change, but it doesn’t say anything about losing the ability to play purchased music. After all, this is music I purchased, I’d expect to be able to continue to play it as before and wouldn’t expect a change to the streaming service to have any effect.

From what I understand, playing purchased albums with Amazon prime music is a system wide issue, not specific to Sonos.  A coworker was complaining about it earlier today, and he’s not using Sonos.

Good to know, thanks

It’s probably a Digital Rights Management (DRM) error. I remember experiencing a similar issue back when Apple Music launched in 2015. All of a sudden my entire personal iCloud music library (uploaded files via iTunes Match) was ‘FairPlay’-protected. It took Apple quite a while to fix this mess.