All music services lost and could not add any

• 14 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I suddenly lost all music services and was not able to even re-add any.  

I read a bunch of possible solutions such as rebooting the router, reinstalling the app etc.  

I opted for the simplest solution which was to simply reboot the Sonos system.  Now I have 8 Sonos amps not a play speaker so not necessarily that easy I thought.  But all I did was unplug one and plug it back in.  Waited 1 minute for it to fully reboot.  Magically all services magically reappeared.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You might be able to avoid that happening again if you assign static/reserved IP addresses to your Sonos. Easily done in your router’s DHCP Settings page, then power down all Sonos, reboot router and power the Sonos back up.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you for that note.  I always appreciate helpful feedback. 
I am not a ‘techie’ so I have no idea what that means really or why it would work, but you appear knowledgeable and are probably right. 
All I will say is, this is the first time in 8 years that it has happened so I suspect it was something caused by a Sonos update.  I will also (admittedly naively) opine that I shouldn’t have to do that.  Technology should just work.   
Nevertheless, if this recurs or recurs regularly now, I will definitely attempt to try your solution, even if it means having to get more acquainted with my ASUS router mesh system than I would prefer.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

No worries, it is simple enough to do, usually just a few clicks.

See method 2: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1000906/

I tried that without success. It happened after I factory reset a One that I had in another system (we recently moved and left all the Sonos1 for the new owners). The One was added but when I tried to play something ALL of the music services were missing and I couldn't add any because they were not listed!   HELP please.