Answered

Albums do not show in MyCloud Home library

I have installed a NAS drive and My Cloud Home on my Sonos.  I have dragged and dropped all of the music albums in my iTunes library to the NAS drive.  Almost all of them are then available from the Sonos My Cloud Home library menu, and play normally.  However, there are a few music which will not show up in the My Cloud Home library menu - even though they are present in the data files on the NAS drive.  I have deleted and re-loaded the data more than once - but the same few music albums refuse to be available in the My Cloud Home view.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 June 2021, 10:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Keith_C 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Your description sounds suspiciously like there are files in your collection with no metadata. Can you please check if the missing files have Album, Track Name and Artist info in them?

Hi Corry - do you mean info in iTunes - if so, they do appear to have all those fields completed. The only missing field is Grouping - example below. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks - that looks good to me.

Do you have a Sonos One SL? If so, you may be getting affected by a recent issue whereby a SL that’s indexing the music library won’t pick up tracks with unusual characters in them, like accents on the vowels.

I understood this issue to only occur on the Sonos Music Library, however, and not from within the My Cloud container in the Sonos app. Can you please confirm which one you’re using?

Please also try playing from a speaker that isn’t an SL, if you can, or turn the SL off and try indexing again.

Hi Corry - we have a mixture of Play 1 and Play 3 - all over 6 years old.  I don’t think we have a One SL!

Sorry, follow up on your other question - the problem is occurring within the My Cloud container in the Sonos app - we don’t have this problem when viewing the Sonos music library - the missing albums appear there!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Keith_C 

Interesting. Ok, could you please verify if all the missing tracks have special characters (accented vowels), and only tracks with special characters are missing? Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Sorry, follow up on your other question - the problem is occurring within the My Cloud container in the Sonos app - we don’t have this problem when viewing the Sonos music library - the missing albums appear there!

OK Thanks.

Hi Corry - they do all have special characters, but then so do all the tracks on our other Vikingur Olafsson album, and countless others as we have a lot of classical music so there are lot of French, German special characters in them - and they all appear fine in the My Cloud library. So I’m not sure this is the problem 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Keith_C 

Thanks for checking. I agree - it must be something else.

It does seem likely, however, that it has something to do with the particular files.

You mentioned that the missing files show up in the Music Library, no problem - does the Music Library point to your My Cloud device, or to your computer? If it points to My Cloud, I recommend you use Music Library instead of the My Cloud container to browse and play music stored on My Cloud.

If it points to your computer, I recommend you change it to the My Cloud, but you may have to allow SMBv1 in your My Cloud settings first:

• First of all you need to make sure your My Cloud is updated to the most recent version of MyCloud OS.
  • Next, in the My Cloud configuration utility, please go to Settings -> Network and make sure that SMB Protocol is set to SMB1 (and any higher version if needed) and that NT LAN Manager is set to NTLMv1 and NTLMv2.image.png

With that done, you’ll be able to add the path for the My Cloud network share to Sonos as a Music Library source.

OK - thanks - I’ll try this (may take a while).  Thanks for your help so far - I’ll let you know how I get on

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Keith_C 

I was thinking about this and have a couple of things for you to try that would be easier than what I suggested above.

1. Try removing the problem files from the My Cloud drive and copy them over from your computer again.
  2. Check the length of the path for the problem files. If the length of the full path (all folders, not just the parent) on the drive plus the length of the filename exceeds 255 characters, that could conceivably cause problems.

Hi corry - just an update.  I deleted the data as suggested, then reloaded (but using the option sync from desktop - which took 9 hours!). Something strange has now happened where the sync seems to be running a second time - so I am going to call Western Digital later to try and understand this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Keith_C 

9 hours seems a bit excessive!

I recommend a reboot of the NAS and your router, but a call to WD may be just what you need.

If you don’t have your NAS connected to the router via ethernet, I’d recommend doing so.