Skip to main content
Answered

album listing

Under the Albums tab, some albums contain all of the songs in the album and for other albums all songs are displayed as separate albums.

I have the same issue this morning - any advice?

Been n the phone twice with Sonos. So far they are clueless but promise to escalate to senior people. Will chase them down and post here. 

@Albumman @JulisCaesar 
Are your duplicate albums “compilation” albums?
If so then this is a known bug in firmware 16.3 confirmed by @Corry P from Sonos in the thread below.
Unfortunately no ETA on a fix though. 😣
Ross.

Very interesting question. It’s not that they are duplications, but that each song is listed a a new album. It seems a lot are broadway shows, movie soundtracks and some compilations but not others.

I guess yesterday’s email to community is an admission that they really missed the mark ( I am being kind) with the new software 

they should restore the old software until they fix this monstrosity 

Some are compilation albums but not all. Agree with Albumman above, these are not duplications - clicking on the Album should normally list all the tracks on that album but, instead, I get X copies of the album cover in a list where X is the number of tracks on the album. None of which can be played.

Non-compilation albums are sometimes split into two or three sub-albums, all with the same cover, each of which contain a random selection of the tracks from the complete album.

All very frustrating and annoying as I can only listen to less than 50% of my entire album collection.

I have the same issue but I have found it much easier to access via 'Folder' rather than song list/album as on the app it is set out exactley as it is on my computer.  Also I have found that to up date anything then to make sure its in my music folder on the computer  I shared with sonos then update music library on the app.

Thank you. I will give it a shot. I am furious that sonos tore up its software and sent this bug written, pathetic software “upgrade/update with little to no testing. The letter from the CEO is pathetic as it basically admits the company is incapable of knowing what is in the software .  Can you imagine Apple sending out a software upgrade for iTunes with this level of incompetence and flaws? The time the company says it will take to remedy all of these problems is  disappointing and causing so much time and energy for work arounds like the ones you suggest. Thx again 

Yes it has been very annoying but have to say my system is getting back to how it was previously.  The sonos community has been very helpful as with out it I wouldn't have got Alexa back up and running or my music library back on .  Its doing what I want it to do.🙂

Did you solve some albums being listed under albums individually by song or album covers appearing as individual listing the number of songs but no songs at all?

No I just go via folder then the link as it has the ablums listed the way I want them.   I'm ok with not having the album covers  on the app that is on my phone but the album covers/ come up on the sonos app on the computer.  I looked at songs/album list and its a mess so gave it a miss.  Sonos may sort it out at some point or someone in the sonos community might work it out before than.  I am currently happy that I can listen to my music that started off as viynl in the late 60's early 70's through my sonos speakers and sound quality is very good.

I will keep an eye on the threads for any futher updates.

Found this regarding missing data in music file which may help or at leaste give you the answer for issues relating to how sonos stores your music library.

"In most cases, a music file that is missing a metadata tag will not appear in the Sonos app where it’s supposed to. For example, if a file is missing its “Artist” tag, it won’t appear when you browse or search for that particular artist in the Sonos app.

You’ll need a media library management tool like iTunes to view and edit the metadata on your music files. After making any changes to metadata, make sure you update the music library index"

I have the same issue but I have found it much easier to access via 'Folder' rather than song list/album as on the app it is set out exactley as it is on my computer.  Also I have found that to up date anything then to make sure its in my music folder on the computer  I shared with sonos then update music library on the app.

Hi I have the same problem with the album sort and using the “Folder” option appears to be a good work around for me. Thanks for posting. I spent about an hour with tech support several days ago only to be told there was nothing they could do. Agree with most others not the “finest hour” for SONOS. 

Glad to help.  I have worked out how to produce a SONOS playlist from my music library but only from the SONOS app for windows on the computer not the app for android phone.  

I have the same issue.  Bring the old app back!  It worked fine!

Based on CEO ‘s latest statement, this software update was and seems like still is an unmitigated disaster destroying the old system and developing  an unusable system now. Who in the world would buy a sonos system until it has been fixed. They should have heeded the phrase “First Do No Harm”. Imagine Apple having iTunes blow up like this. I am getting the feeling they are lost