Skip to main content

Album artwork not showing

• 22 July 2024
  • 6 replies

before Sonos updated the app in May, the stability and functionality was great. Since this update there has been lots of issues and some of them have been fixed and some have not and we’ve also talked about them on here.

What is annoying is that all my album art that is stored on my local drive, is not showing from my NAS library and it used to work fine? It actailly works through Plex, but I prefer to use my own library, as I’ve got my own playlists that I’ve created over the years….

Do we know when this will be fixed please?

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I'd like the answer to this also as I spent years adding all my album artwork to almost 10k of albums and 42k tracks ...

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Same issue for me, I managed to add my music library from my Synology NAS and it plays fine, but no album art displayed.

Is this part of the upcoming fixes in the app?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Local library album art is MIA throughout the Android app. Sonos is aware but it has not been called out specifically with an ETA.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks for the update; I guess in time they'll provide a fix for this OTA soon, as it used to work before the wonderful May update that caused mayhem globally!

Userlevel 1

I'm wondering about the app writers at Sonos!  Have they all left?

4 months since the new app and it can't be too a difficult job to include the album art in the app and to sort out the indexing issue with the compliation albums.

Hoping the next update sorts it, but not holding my breath!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yes... Compilation albums still don't work it's ridiculous. Unless you know the name of a track and then chose all music on that album... Then you can find it :-(