Question

Alarms went off at wrong time

• 5 June 2024
  • 8 replies

After a lengthy (3 hour) wait/conversation with Sonos support, I had to factory reset all my old Play:1 speakers and download the new app, following a WiFi upgrade. I reset all my alarms within the app but then the alarms went off 4 hours early. It’s the middle of the night and I don’t know why the alarms are going off. I checked the app and everything looks fine. Any ideas? I can’t wake up at 2 am every day. 

8 replies

Badge

I have exactly the same problem: alarm went off at around 5 am, 4 hours early. Wrecked my sleep. I’m in EDT time zone which is UTC minus 4, which makes me suspicious that the alarm is going off in the UTC time zone. Not happy.

Badge

Can’t find a way to set date/time zone in the app. App documentation shows that feature (https://www.sonos.com/en-us/guides/sonosapp#to-system-settings-intro-passport) but I don’t see it in the actual app.

This has been discussed in other threads. All Sonos devices are currently on UTC and there isn’t a fix at the moment.  

Badge

Thanks for the info, Andy. Comment to Sonos:

I’ve been a Sonos customer for a long time but this latest experience is discouraging. I read in the Verge that Sonos says its controversial app redesign took ‘courage’. “Courage” isn’t what came to mind when my new speakers woke me up at 5 AM and wrecked a night of sleep. Testing app updates before you ship them is a basic requirement.

Going through the same problem…I thought that I had lost my mind, alarms woke me up @ 2:00 a.m. and after checking the alarm set, nothing!!!!!! All was correctly set. Oh Sonos…did you HAVE to replace the App???The old one worked, which is a lot to say when compared to the new, useless one!

Userlevel 2

Still having issues on my end with alarms coming on 4 hours earlier than scheduled (8pm and had to obviously turn off the 8am alarm)

any update from Sonos on this “courageous” new feature on our system. 
wake up SONOS  or are your alarms also not working properly…

I just set the alarm 4 hours (@ 10:00 a.m. )later than the intended real time (6:00 a.m.) and all’s working fine…except that I have not been able to set any of my Pandora Radio’s stations to wake me up. Maybe there’s a way and I have not found it. Still,  sad having to resort to this strategy to accommodate the alarm’s waking time in 2024! 

the same problem here. using play:1. seriously? sonos? it's a laughing stock