Skip to main content
Question

Alarm function in app update 9th of May 2024

Sonos have neglected to include an alarm function in the app update as of 9th May 2024. very disappointed. Also a number of music services have been affected. I am sure this is an oversight - but with no communication from Sonos or announcement, it does not build confidence. Also - to cut off older systems and speakers is terribly bad form. Hopefully the Sonos event on the 14th will have everything resolved? Can we get some reassurance from Sonos customer service please?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

164 replies

No Alarm feature ? Not acceptable!

How can such a basic feature get missed? 

So now I get the Sonos beep (instead of Virgin Radio UK)  for all alarms previously set under the old app with no way of changing on the new app! I now have to go to an old version of the app on a fire tablet to adjust. 

Tunein seems to have become disconnected too.

Please reinstate Alarm feature immediately!!!

Are you are using a network dns privacy/ad blocker like pihole, nextdns etc or parental controls on your network?

If so turn them off or switch dns to Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 or Google 8.8.8.8 and see if alarms appear in the app. If yes you can turn everything back on and alarms will continue to show and work. 

Thanks Ken - yes found it earlier today and had to change Tune in to a different link 

Badge

If you have MacOS, open the app on your laptop/desktop. There should be 5 tabs on the bottom. The 2 tabs on the bottom right side of the MacOS app are: “Sleep Timer” and  “Alarm” … I just used it and it works.

I still cannot do it from the app. But this could be a temp. solution.

It’s been a month now and this still isnt fixed!

It is fixed in Polish version however it’s hard to find.

This new App update real sucks

bring the Alarm back and everything else.

This new App update real sucks

bring the Alarm back and everything else.

Alarms have been back since 5/14/2024. 

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/release-notes-for-sonos-software-updates

Badge

@jgatie: care to share where this is found on the app? Nobody can seem to find it. That’s why there are all these complaints. Please show us. 

Badge

OMG, I didn’t realize that you could click on the word “manage“. I just did and found all of the “hidden” functions. It should’ve been more obvious that the word “manage“ was also a tab. I will attach where you must click to find the alarm function with the screenshot from the Sonos app. 
Once you click on the word “manage” the following page will come up where you can access the alarm (please see below images; screenshots it from the Sonos app):

I won't ever buy another Sonos product. Why has simple functionality been removed/hidden in the App? Can't turn my alarm off in the morning, the only way is to tell Alexa to play a radio station on my Sonos, which overrides the alarm and stops the infernal beeping! Every time I open the app it tells me I have no products connect for the first 30sec, till it seems to wake up, I have speakers from other manufacturers which are far superior in even the simplest functionality... This last app update was a let down by Sonos, someone needs to go... and why do we, the customers who buy the product get treated like this, having to wait for a very urgent imo, update... Disgusting Sonos! No customers = no business.

Sonos have neglected to include an alarm function in the app update as of 9th May 2024. very disappointed. Also a number of music services have been affected. I am sure this is an oversight - but with no communication from Sonos or announcement, it does not build confidence. Also - to cut off older systems and speakers is terribly bad form. Hopefully the Sonos event on the 14th will have everything resolved? Can we get some reassurance from Sonos customer service please?

Seems to be in Settings > Manage (System) now... very counterintuitive. 

OMG, I didn’t realize that you could click on the word “manage“. I just did and found all of the “hidden” functions. It should’ve been more obvious that the word “manage“ was also a tab. I will attach where you must click to find the alarm function with the screenshot from the Sonos app. 
Once you click on the word “manage” the following page will come up where you can access the alarm (please see below images; screenshots it from the Sonos app):

THANKS!!! ll this time I couldn’t find it. And with all this comments I just thought it was lost. Now my computer asked to update Sonos, I didn’t dare to do it. I came here to find comments about that and found your comment. Pictures made it easy.

SONOS Can we get a resolution?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

The alarm settings are there but you have to select “Systems”, then “Manage” to see “Alarms”. Deserves a shortcut icon on home page.