Skip to main content
Question

Alarm function in app update 9th of May 2024

Sonos have neglected to include an alarm function in the app update as of 9th May 2024. very disappointed. Also a number of music services have been affected. I am sure this is an oversight - but with no communication from Sonos or announcement, it does not build confidence. Also - to cut off older systems and speakers is terribly bad form. Hopefully the Sonos event on the 14th will have everything resolved? Can we get some reassurance from Sonos customer service please?

I wish they would return the volume control to the iPhone volume buttons, personally I thought that was much easier.

Apple removed this feature for Apps that do not ‘play’ audio via (through) their iOS devices. The Sonos App is not a ‘music player’, but merely a ‘remote’ …and the audio plays from a chosen source direct to the Sonos speakers, rather than through the Apple device. However…

If you use Airplay, or a Bluetooth, connection to play to a compatible Sonos speaker/group instead, rather than using the App (‘remote’), then in that case, the audio does stream through the iOS device, so for that type of playback, the speaker volume-level can be controlled with the iOS device volume buttons.

Sonos could you please put a shortcut for setting alarms like the previous version, as there are to many steps in the current format.

There also seems to be a lag with the app on opening Sonos with my iPad, but works ok on iPhone 

There is an update right now that reinstalls the alarm function. The UX is a little questionable but it works. Version 80.00.08. 

There is an update right now that reinstalls the alarm function. The UX is a little questionable but it works. Version 80.00.08. 

Yes have done all the updates and have the alarm working, just would have liked the shortcut for alarm 

Not seeing an update that would give me my alarms back on the Android store.   What a piece of junk.  I've got alarm set I can't stop on days I don't work now without unplugging the speakers.  Besides that it takes me a lot more clicks and taps to start music playing and put my zones together. Did anybody test this that actually owned a Sonos and used it for more than just TV speakers???

Sonos! Please bring back the old app. The new update is junk, how could you eliminate the alarm feature? 

Anyone else been able to set an alarm in the new app, but the alarm doesn’t go off? Chimes or music 

I have an alarm set that I can’t turn off! This is ridiculous. I have to unplug that device when I don’t want the alarm to go off.

Fortunately I left the old app on my iPad and I WONT update it so I can use all the old functions !

Sonos needs to fix many things on this new upgrade. 

The 'manage' link doesn't look like a tappable link or button, but more like a label. It should be adjusted to look like something that can be tapped. Please have a UI/UX designer look at the interface.

Answer might be in this thread somewhere, but I was seeing the same problem and deleting and reinstalling the iOS app restored the alarm menu FWIW. Hope this helps. 

Losing alarms functionality was a total.disaster for me. Alarms was the main reason I purchased my sonos system.  It seemed the best at the time. Now its awful. Amazed this was done with no warning 

Get your act together Sonos. Updates should give us more not less. I can see no gains from the recent updates. 

Losing alarms functionality was a total.disaster for me. Alarms was the main reason I purchased my sonos system.  It seemed the best at the time. Now its awful. Amazed this was done with no warning 

Get your act together Sonos. Updates should give us more not less. I can see no gains from the recent updates. 

The Alarms were put back into the new Sonos App a while ago now - over a week ago?

The Alarms were put back into the new Sonos App a while ago now - over a week ago?

My app still does not display alarms despite firmware and app being fully updated. Alarms still work with the desktop app however. The new app is a buggy POS. 

My app still does not display alarms despite firmware and app being fully updated. Alarms still work with the desktop app however. The new app is a buggy POS. 

Might be something on your LAN is ‘blocking’ the cloud delivery of the service feature flags. It will be something you need to resolve, locally, I suspect - The alarms feature shows/works fine here. All shows up for family and friends too. 

Might be something on your LAN is ‘blocking’ the cloud delivery of the service feature flags. It will be something you need to resolve, locally, I suspect - The alarms feature shows/works fine here. All shows up for family and friends too. 

Yeah Ken that makes sense. Very knowledgeable 

Might be. But you would think the Alarms option would show in my app. Either way I’m not contacting support any time soon, this isn’t that important in my use case as my alarms rarely change. 

Might be. But you would think the Alarms option would show in my app. Either way I’m not contacting support any time soon, this isn’t that important in my use case as my alarms rarely change. 

If it’s something blocking the Alarm feature on your LAN, then i’m not sure if Sonos Staff will be able to see what’s happening in your case anyway @Bumper. - I saw you previously mentioned that you had tried the various fixes posted in threads here, which seemed to have worked for the majority. So I’d perhaps look closer to Home to try to resolve it. Hope you can get it sorted.👍

If it’s something blocking the Alarm feature on your LAN, then i’m not sure if Sonos Staff will be able to see what’s happening in your case anyway @Bumper. - I saw you previously mentioned that you had tried the various fixes posted in threads here, which seemed to have worked for the majority. So I’d perhaps look closer to Home to try to resolve it. Hope you can get it sorted.👍

Thanks @Ken_Griffiths if this app wasn’t such a buggy dumpster I expect it would just work. Alarms in the desktop app still work so I’ll wait it out. 

The latest app update is garbage. It it isn't improved quickly I'm dumping the whole system 

The latest app update is garbage. It it isn't improved quickly I'm dumping the whole system 

Not very constructive here, considering you just joined the forum and it’s your first "…or the bunny gets it” post.

Maybe elaborate on the issues seen, constructively and summarise what you encounter/needs fixing with the App that’s not been mentioned by others here already …and perhaps also go onto let Sonos Staff know by contacting/chatting to them via this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Our household has been exceedingly frustrated with the newest version of the app. It has been close to unusable. The frustration last evening was finding out that there is no alarm function. I didn't purchase Sonos to be part of a beta testing community. I need simple intuitive usability and it appears that Sonos technology is moving in the opposite direction. 

Our household has been exceedingly frustrated with the newest version of the app. It has been close to unusable. The frustration last evening was finding out that there is no alarm function. I didn't purchase Sonos to be part of a beta testing community. I need simple intuitive usability and it appears that Sonos technology is moving in the opposite direction. 

The Alarm functionality is in the new App. Perhaps ensure you are using the latest version…

1. Goto device App Store and install any new Sonos App updates.
  2. In App itself, check for any updates and install any firmware updates (if required)]
  3. Fully close the App (slide of screen) - it’s worth doing this twice with a short delay to ensure the App closes out of memory.
  4. In App select ‘Settings/System’ (cog icon top right in App). Then select ‘Manage’ and all being well the Alarms will be in the list on screen.

Hope that assists.

Using the desktop app as a workaround, but the icon bounces every hour to let me know there’s a new update I should try. So annoying bc I won’t be updating anything until they fix the alarm! Missed opportunity to build trust in your updates, Sonos. 

No Alarm feature ? Not acceptable!

How can such a basic feature get missed? 

So now I get the Sonos beep (instead of Virgin Radio UK)  for all alarms previously set under the old app with no way of changing on the new app! I now have to go to an old version of the app on a fire tablet to adjust. 

Tunein seems to have become disconnected too.

Please reinstate Alarm feature immediately!!!

No Alarm feature ? Not acceptable!

How can such a basic feature get missed? 

So now I get the Sonos beep (instead of Virgin Radio UK)  for all alarms previously set under the old app with no way of changing on the new app! I now have to go to an old version of the app on a fire tablet to adjust. 

Tunein seems to have become disconnected too.

Please reinstate Alarm feature immediately!!!

Alarm feature is already in the App? Tune In, I think, is now Tune In (new) version.