Skip to main content
Question

Alarm function back but not working

Hi, updated to new version of app as of May 21, 2024, and I see the alarm function back but none of my alarms are actually going on at their right times. Anyone else have this issue?

There seems to be a bug making alarms go off at the wrong time. Speculation is Sonos is set to the wrong time zone. Can’t find the link. Not sure if there is a fix. 

That seems to be the case as my 630am alarm went off at 230am today

Ouch that sucks. I don’t believe there is anyway to set the time zone in the app unfortunately.

Hopefully someone else will chime in. I know that the alarms are working for @Ken_Griffiths so I’ve pinged him to see if he has any ideas on how to fix this. 

Before I upgraded I had the speakers manually set to my local time rather than them get the time from the internet so not sure if that’s the reason the alarms are working on the correct time here. I don’t see a time setting in the new App, but perhaps try setting the time manually with the Desktop controller instead, if it allows that🤔? Hope that may work for you.

So I use my iPhone app to change all my settings. Is there a way of adjusting the time through the app only ?

So I use my iPhone app to change all my settings. Is there a way of adjusting the time through the app only ?

Do you mean that you want to change the time of your Alarm? 

That seems to be the case as my 630am alarm went off at 230am today

That’s rather a big time difference - most others I’ve seen have mentioned an ‘hour’ time difference and I thought it was perhaps the Daylight Saving Time feature being ignored by the Sonos product, but clearly the time difference here is huge.

So aswell as checking the alarm time, I would perhaps also check your online Sonos profile here to see if you have the correct country settings in place.

If no joy and you can’t change the time using the Sonos Desktop Controller App, you can of course change the alarm time accordingly (not ideal), or better still …contact Sonos Customer Support via this link below and see if they can maybe assist to resolve the matter. 

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

It’s interesting: my profile is set to the right time zone (Eastern Standard Time). I did a test to see if I set my alarm four hours ahead of the time I actually want (e.g. 11pm if I wanted it on at 7pm) and that seems to have worked.

Obviously not a great solution, as the system still has bugs. I may just wait until the next app update to see if it hopefully fixes itself, if not I can see about contacting support. 

The alarm function is back for me but alarms won’t save won’t allow me to turn them on

It’s interesting: my profile is set to the right time zone (Eastern Standard Time). I did a test to see if I set my alarm four hours ahead of the time I actually want (e.g. 11pm if I wanted it on at 7pm) and that seems to have worked.

Obviously not a great solution, as the system still has bugs. I may just wait until the next app update to see if it hopefully fixes itself, if not I can see about contacting support. 

Likely your system is using Universal Time. Your four hour offset is an easy workaround, however, keep in mind that there will be a surprise alarm the day this gets fixed.

I’m having the same problem. First I was disgusted that alarms were just GONE - totally un-supported in the app. Then somehow I tripped over the fact that alarms were back as a feature, but of course none of my alarms from before the big update were there. OK, fine, I set a couple of new ones - cludgy process. Then my 6am alarm went off at 2am - DEFINITELY a problem. That was a bad night. I had a hunch so I said, “Hey Sonos, what time is it?” Sure enough, it told me the time was four hours ahead of what it actually is for me. The only time or location setting I can find is for weather, but after enabling it to know my exact location there, my Move still tells me the wrong time. There is nothing in the official Sonos Support page for time issues. I welcome any ideas, please!

Same problem and can’t find any way to set date/time. App online doc says there is (https://www.sonos.com/en-us/guides/sonosapp#to-system-settings-intro-passport) but it doesn’t exist. Alarm goes off 4 hours early which is UTC (I’m in EDT). 

I am in Australia, but my Sonos systems thinks it is in Iceland. The Sonos Desktop app I use on my Mac shows the “Current time” in the alarms window. I ended up setting my alarms calculating the time difference to Iceland. e.g. my 7am wake up is 8pm in Iceland. Makes you wonder how much testing has gone into this major upgrade. Not a good look Sonos

I learned from someone helpful in another thread that there is a known bug such that all Sonos devices are in UTC TZ, until this is fixed.

Alarms still not saving properly for me

After the latest upgrade, the alarm function was working. However, when I opened the Sonos app today, the alarm I had saved is no longer there. The app now won't let me save a new alarm. Does anyone know when this problem will be fixed by Sonos?

@Fitz_Mich The app also won’t let me save alarms