Answered

Airplay/Spotify Connect no longer working

• 5 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I use my Sonos products to play music from Spotify. Previously I was able to do this directly through Spotify by just selecting the device/s to play through. 

This randomly stopped working a couple of months ago and now I can only play through the Sonos app (which unfortunately is clunky with Spotify). 

There is some connection still, as if I’m playing music on Spotify (either on my laptop or phone) but then start playing it through Sonos, it’ll stop playing on Spotify (or vice versa). 

I had changed home internet (from NBN to 5G WiFi) however the above issue didn’t arise until a month or two after this. I’ve tried:

• factory resetting a speaker & setting up again 
  • uninstalling & reinstalling Spotify & Sonos apps on my phone 
  • turning off devices & phone/laptop and back on again 
  • checked all on same network, they are, it’s 2.4ghz.

Would appreciate any advice or tips, thank you! 

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 6 November 2023, 14:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Anne-Marie Birkenstock, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Factory Resetting generally doesn’t help resolve these types of issues and also removes valuable diagnostics information, however you’ve already done the other steps that I would recommend.

In this case, I would suggest you reach out to our support team as this issue seems easy enough to replicate. They have the necessary tools available to troubleshoot this issue with you and help find a resolution.

I hope this helps!