Skip to main content

Hi there!

My system (Playbase with 2x Play:1, 2x ONE, port, Amp) worked well with AirPlay for years.

Although all speakers are still shown in the control panels of iPhone and iMac 24” (14 Pro, M1, both latest OS, Aug. 2024), the following of them suddenly cannot be addressed any longer by AirPlay:

- Playbase with 2x Play:1 (one room)

- 2x ONE (separate rooms)

Unplugging/booting of the speakers, the router and iPhone/iMac were without success.

How can I put the mentioned speakers back into the AirPlay system?

Or the he other way around: delete them from the control panel and install again?🤔

Thx in 4ward 4 any help!🙏🏻😌

To my knowledge, the PLAYBASE with the PLAY:1s should have never showed up as an AirPlay 2 target in your Apple’s software, they don’t have the hardware necessary to receive an AirPlay 2 signal. 

On the other hand, your two Ones should have, and allowed you to group them with any other Sonos room in the Sonos software, something I have frequently done in the past. 

I’m not sure I have an easy explanation as to why the pair of Ones isn’t properly showing up, but I do have a couple of guesses. Are your Mac and iPhone on the same subnet as the speakers? That may be a convoluted way to ask if you’re running a mesh network, sometimes the way they can be set up splits the network into disparate parts, and Sonos does require everything to be on the same subnet. 

Also, much less likely, I think, is if you’re running different applications when running into this? My understanding is not all apps (although likely not many these days) haven’t updated the newer AirPlay 2 SDK in their apps, and consequently can’t ‘send’ an AirPlay 2 signal. I guess that begs the question as to how you’re trying to access AirPlay 2, as well. From within an app, or from the OS directly, before you start any playback app?

Finally, and likely most importantly, have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and called Sonos Support to discuss it?