Skip to main content
Answered

adding music services

• 8 January 2024
  • 10 replies

How do I play Apple Music, Spotify and BBC Sounds through my Play1 when the option to do so is not available on Add Music Services?

Some services are country-dependent. Your profile doesn’t specify where you live; this may have a bearing. I certainly have BBC Sounds and Spotify running fine on my system. 

I’m in the UK. Where are you?

Whilst I don’t see how that affects your position: I’m also in the UK.

Have you confirmed that in your account details?

I have now, but what difference will it make? I assume there is something in my settings that’s blocking those options. Are they on your list of options in Add Music Services?

I have now, but what difference will it make? I assume there is something in my settings that’s blocking those options. Are they on your list of options in Add Music Services?

Yup. Settings/Services and Voice/Add a Service and there they are. Do you have any options to add, or are just those three missing?

Tom, go to your online Sonos account and check your address is correct. Whilst there change the country to anything other than the UK and save it. Then change it back to the UK and save.

Now in the Sonos app Settings…System…System Updates…Check for Updates.

Hopefully at this point your services list be working correctly.

Yup. Settings/Services and Voice/Add a Service and there they are. Do you have any options to add, or are just those three missing?

There is quite a long list of options. Not sure if anything else is missing but those three are. 

Tom, go to your online Sonos account and check your address is correct. Whilst there change the country to anything other than the UK and save it. Then change it back to the UK and save.

Now in the Sonos app Settings…System…System Updates…Check for Updates.

Hopefully at this point your services list be working correctly.

I’ve done as you suggested but no luck with any other options

Afraid you will have to ring Sonos support.

I think so too. Thanks for trying to help