Answered

Adding a song to playlist in Windows app is a huge problem

• 16 October 2023
  • 3 replies

The Windows app has a massive bug adding songs to playlists from a local library.  I have five Sonos playlists (not Spotify playlists). I store my music on the same Windows PC where I run the Sonos windows app.  Here is how you can reproduce the bug:

In the Windows app, play a song from my local library. Then click the “i” and then “Add song to Sonos playlist”.  The next screen should show the list of playlists, but most times the app does not show the list of playlists and instead shows a message “No playlists have been added to your Sonos Playlists yet”.  But I have 5 playlists, so it is wrong.  If I click “i” and then “Add song to Sonos playlist” again it will usually show the same wrong message.  One time in 10 it works, and shows my playlists.  So basically it is unusable to create a playlist in the windows app.  
Has anyone else experienced this?  I have searched in the community and did not find others with this problem (though frankly I find the search algorithm in the community seems less than effective).

Thanks.  

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 16 October 2023, 16:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @WhatUserName,

I’ve not heard of this issue before and can’t find anything specific on our end, however since you can reproduce the issue, I would recommend you reach out to our support team. The can remote into your system and desktop to see what’s going wrong and can troubleshoot to find a solution to this issue.

I hope this helps!

Well I cannot say what the problem was exactly, but deleting and re-installing the Sonos app, then deleting and re-adding and reindexing the music library seems to have resolved the issue.  Thanks to the Sonos Support for the assistance.

Update:  The problem is still occurring.  Will be calling Support again to troubleshoot further.