Skip to main content
Answered

Add music service - Tidal not on menu

Trying to resolve a connection issue between Tidal and my Sonos app, I deleted Tidal from my list of music services. When I went to add it again, Tidal was not available in the list of music services in the drop down menu. Neither was Apple Music, which I’d also removed. 

I tried all the usual methods to resolve the issue; removed and reinstalled relevant apps and ensured all were on the most recent updates. I deleted the Sonos app from all my devices save one. 

I am able to play directly from Tidal to my Sonos devices, I just can't play directly from Sonos using Tidal Connect.

Finally I contacted Sonos via live chat, we both concluded it was weird. They suggested I call the Sonos phone line for help which I did just now but the wait time is lengthy, so I’m hoping for some help here in the community. 

Thank you.

14 replies

Check that “Country” in your Sonos profile is correct 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thank you. I’ve checked, and it wasn’t. I’ve now updated it to the correct profile but the available music services still don't include Tidal. I’ll give it 24hrs as I understand these things can take a little time to work through the system. 

Thank you. I’ve checked, and it wasn’t. I’ve now updated it to the correct profile but the available music services still don't include Tidal. I’ll give it 24hrs as I understand these things can take a little time to work through the system. 

Rather than waiting 24 hours, you could also perhaps try an App reset via ‘App Preferences’ and on reopening, connect it back to the existing Sonos system on the local network. That has worked for me in the past.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Ken, and thanks. I’ve tried that but as yet no dice. I’ve not had this issue at all before but the region reset might’ve occurred inadvertently with a recent Sonos addition to my system. 

My other thoughts are to reboot the local router - nothing ventured etc. it’s just better than waiting in the hope that the issue will be resolved by time.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Completed, but again no change.  I had both Tidal and Apple Music on the added services within my Sonos Account. I removed both, and neither now appear. To test this out I added Bandcamp  before removing it from my music services. Bandcamp is still visible on the list. I’ll give it a day and see where I’m at with it then. Thanks again for your interest and help, Ken.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I checked just now and Tidal is back on my list of available music services. Thank you for the helpful responses!

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Resurrecting this thread because I have similar issue:

Amazon Music, Apple Music, Deezer, Spotify, Tidal not on the list of available music services. Thus I can’t add what I need. 

I’ve rebooted router a few times. Signed out and back in multiple times in the apps. Tried Android app, iPad app, Windows desktop app, play.sonos.com. None list those services anymore when I go to add services. 

My address looks fine in my profile. I can only use Sonos Radio and free Spotify as that is still left on my services. If I remove that Spotify then I won’t be able to add it back. 

Bandcamp and some others are on the list. It looks as if any service that normally would cost something isn’t listed? The ones that show are probably free ones(?)

Anyone else with this issue and how did you resolve it?

(I’ve chatted to support on four days about this)

Amazon Alexa is still working so wouldn’t want to lose that which most probably would happen if I reset everything. I’d like to know a real solution before I do that in case it doesn’t help and I lose what little still works. 

Amazon Music, Apple Music, Deezer, Spotify, Tidal not on the list of available music services. Thus I can’t add what I need. 

I’ve rebooted router a few times. Signed out and back in multiple times in the apps. Tried Android app, iPad app, Windows desktop app, play.sonos.com. None list those services anymore when I go to add services. 

My address looks fine in my profile. I can only use Sonos Radio and free Spotify as that is still left on my services. If I remove that Spotify then I won’t be able to add it back. 

Bandcamp and some others are on the list. It looks as if any service that normally would cost something isn’t listed? The ones that show are probably free ones(?)

Amazon Alexa is still working so wouldn’t want to lose that which most probably would happen if I reset everything. I’d like to know a real solution before I do that in case it doesn’t help and I lose what little still works. 

Have you tried a reboot of both your network and players?

Have you tried an App reset? If not, see this link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/reset-the-sonos-app

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Have you tried a reboot of both your network and players?

Have you tried an App reset? If not, see this link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/reset-the-sonos-app

Now I rebooted all speakers (4 x Sonos One, Port) and router but still no luck. 

I reset the app as well but not helping. I am able to join the existing system and see the speakers but the Android app Home Screen isn’t fully working. It initially loads and shows Recently Played items but when I change the UI and come back to Home Screen, the Recently Played and Sonos Favorites sections just have grey placeholders. So seems it doesn’t manage to update the UI correctly. 

All devices have static IP addresses. Port is connected with Ethernet as years ago Wi-Fi only didn’t work reliably. 

I was thinking of trying to move to a Wi-Fi setup but maybe that article isn’t up to date. I don’t have Update Networks option. I have Manage Networks and see my Wi-Fi there but all I could do is to remove it. 

https://support.sonos.com/en/article/switch-sonos-between-a-wireless-and-wired-setup

Edit: the Network Matrix looks all green in relevant parts in

<ipaddress>:1400/support/review

I don’t know about the rest of the options. There are some PHY errors in /proc/ath_rincon/status, whatever that would indicate. Music from Sonos Radio and Spotify has been playing ok.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi,

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing the same or similar issue to mine.  In my case one of the responses pointed towards the address and country location in my account details.  FWIW I think the problem was caused by Sonos auto-registering a new purchase to my account. In doing that it overwrote my address details with a generic US address. Once I’d corrected this and allowed 24hrs for the account to update, everything got fixed. It’s a simple fix and as good a place to start as any. Hope it works out for you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi,

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing the same or similar issue to mine.  In my case one of the responses pointed towards the address and country location in my account details.  FWIW I think the problem was caused by Sonos auto-registering a new purchase to my account. In doing that it overwrote my address details with a generic US address. Once I’d corrected this and allowed 24hrs for the account to update, everything got fixed. It’s a simple fix and as good a place to start as any. Hope it works out for you.

Thank you for the info. I’ll try changing my address to another region and give it time and check tomorrow if that helps. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Update:

the app now sees the services again. Was able to add Amazon Music with the Android app. 

Trying to add with the iPad app does not succeed. Gives ‘Something went wrong ‘ when authorizing. 

I have no idea what finally made them re-appear in the list this morning. I had changed address in the profile a few times and yesterday evening they weren’t yet showing. I also switched my system from SonosNet to Wi-Fi yesterday.

Maybe it took the 24+ hours from profile changes or something went right at Sonos servers but very glad I didn’t have to factory reset and can stream again. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Great that everything is working again for you!