701 Error WD MyCloud OS5

• 19 December 2020
  • 4 replies

I’d been getting a 701 error after setting up a Play:5 1st gen after moving. Couldn’t figure what it was.

In the meantime I’d upgraded the WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra to OS5 just before moving when speakers were packed. Appears to be WD setting.

See WD forum post here https://community.wd.com/t/adding-music-from-a-networked-share/257933

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You need to re-enable SMB v1. See this thread: 

Note: this has no connection to the ability to set up the PLAY:5 speakers whatsoever, only the setup of the NAS as your library location.

I could browse the media server but got a 701 error when trying to play. I thought this was linked to the media library.

Anyway it needs SMB 1,2 & 3 plus LLTD on. OS5 default settings was SMB 1 only & LLTD off.

Browsing is from your computer. Playback originates from the speaker, a completely different path. 

Odd, the default settings when I updated a couple of weeks ago was SMB 3. I don’t recall the LLTD settings, but I don’t think I had to change that on mine. Wonder if there’s been an update to the update process. 

More than likely. Firmware has had more updates in the last few week to iron out all the bugs.

I don’t use my computer to browse but the android Sonos S1 app.