• 15 November 2022
  • 36 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Anyone updated any idea what it does?

36 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I know what it doesn't fix and that's the annoying background services notification.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

As a minimum it fixes the Desktop Controller group volume issue.

Ross.

Userlevel 7

On Reddit, users have reported the volume slider bug has been fixed. Another user reported the “HD” bug being displayed on the Now Playing screen when playing a 16-bit FLAC file from their local music library.

EDIT: A “HiRes” bug is displayed when playing a 24-bit FLAC file.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Just app updates then not speaker 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Nope, it also included a speaker firmware update. Sonos have now published some release notes that may or not assist you.

Ross.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

It's cosmetic, but the format badge on Now Playing is duplicated since this update:

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Don't think I will bother as i don't subscribe to HD music and if there is a speaker firmware update that makes me nervous 🙂

Userlevel 1

Just updated to 14.19. I noticed a volume increase and Mini Sub enhancement with a profound sounding bass on a lower volume level.

It also sounds more full all the way around!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Ain't updating anything until the boss Peter Pee says it :)

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/release-notes-for-sonos-s2

Not much detail here though.

Userlevel 1
Badge

There is actually a valid reason why release notes should say what bugs were fixed.

I turned off Auto-Update after last experience with 14.12.  Now’ll wait till Peter Pee test it and give it go.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Just updated to 14.19. I noticed a volume increase and Mini Sub enhancement with a profound sounding bass on a lower volume level.

I can confirm this… Sub Mini sound quality increased much for me in combination with Beam2 and OneSL Rears. Bass is more intensive and high range bass frequency is  present now. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I can confirm this… Sub Mini sound quality increased much for me in combination with Beam2 and OneSL Rears. Bass is more intensive and high range bass frequency is  present now. 

Not much use to those of us not using sub mini more concerned about the arc sound quality being affected myself 
But glad it is working for you👍

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Anyone with beam 2 , sub 3 and 2 sls ? 

Any change on this side sound wise ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I see a HiRes label when play a local flac file.  Is that new? Don’t remember seeing it before, although HD and HD ultra have been there for streamed music for a while. 

Badge +20

It’s new, although I get a HD icon for CD quality tracks from my NAS.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

14.19 does fix PC based controller volume control broken by 14.18 but did NOT fix the known zone sync progressive deterioration issue.  With the 14.18 release some zones will fall out of sync after an hour or so when grouped together.  Un-grouping will temporarily fix this but not for long.  Escalation team has acknowledged this but NO information on when it will be addressed.  2 steps forward, one back yet again :-(

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Dare not update and will wait for Peter Pee’s review first 🤞🏻

Anyone with beam 2 , sub 3 and 2 sls ? 

Any change on this side sound wise ?

My setup consists of Beam gen1, Sub gen3 and 2x Play1 (the very first model). I noticed a increase of sub output volume. The bass felt more punchy even on low volume. I’m using standard settings (level 0 on bass, treble and sub level, and 50% volume limit) w/o Trueplay. Before sub volume was very weak even when running on 14.18 (that was supposed to fix the sub issue according to Peter Pee). 

I’m running a sub gen3 - the bass has improved and sounds more full and punchy (more “oumph”) after this update. 

Badge

Same here, especially on PCM output, volume is now closer from Dolby digital output, it seems.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Based on the responses I decided to upgrade and agree everything sounds better. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Based on your post I bit the bullet and updated 

My fives and sub for music I had to increase sub level but left eq the same sound OK

My HT setup I haven't noticed any improvement as yet but it's early days 😊

Bottom line it's not worse 👍

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Based on your post I bit the bullet and updated 

My fives and sub for music I had to increase sub level but left eq the same sound OK

My HT setup I haven't noticed any improvement as yet but it's early days 😊

Bottom line it's not worse 👍

Concur, updated after others confirmed it was 'safe'. Sub3 does appear a little more punchy than before. Volume on Arc retained, together with the Enhanced Clarity profile, which I'm still not a fan of.