Skip to main content
Question

1002 Error when trying to add Library

• 1 August 2024
  • 2 replies

After the last update (late July) the dreaded 913 error has been replaced by a 1002 error when I try to connect my Mac based music library so the system is still unusable.  I've removed the Boost the system was using, moved all components onto wifi, the wifi signal is strong, the firewalls are set up to allow Sonos connections, and the right file sharing permissions are in place.  Does anyone have an ideas if this is still an app related issue or another problem.  

(Oddly, when I switch off the firewall completely - I revert back to the 913 error when trying to add the Library)

Encountered identical problem. Endless attempts to get access to my Apple iTunes/Music library with playlists is unbelievably exhausting, frustrating, and annoying. I had already lost all confidence in Sonos by July, but after reading their current release notes, it became obvious to me that their problems are far more significant than access to the music library, and the volume and breadth of issues leads me to believe if and when I can restore access to my music library that I need to be ready for a long list of even more annoying issues.

While I keep venting to them that I am going to replace my equipment, which I am sure they don’t believe nor do they care, I now have truly become concerned that their software will never be right again or it could take months if not years to stabilize. Every time they discount my experience and tell me it should work, I encounter yet another obstacle, with a number of suggestions I never had to address prior to May 7, only to then see on the community that I am not alone.  They are clueless, clearly insensitive and now that they have their headphones on the market, they care little about existing customers’ satisfaction.

So...please, if anyone is able to overcome the 1002 error and get access to the local music library with the playlists, please post the step by step solution you applied, with any gotchas; trust me, it will be very much appreciated by many...

May i start by saying i am not a PC or MAC expert and have know knowledge of how processes work. Like a lot of people i have been waiting for the update date to get my music library back. Having 33,000 tracks and not being able to play them on multiple devices, has been depressing. Having invested in these multiple devices and also persuading the wife the reasons for why we needed them, has caused many an argument.

To go from an “error 913” to “error 1002”, encouraged me to look further on the internet and i found this helpful tip.

I don’t know how to copy internet pages to a forum like this so i will write who the author is and from what page it’s come from so as not to infringe any copy write laws hopefully.

So the author is Kevin Arrows and the web page is called Appauls and it was dated May 5th 2022.

Also this is a PC fix only as i don’t have a MAC, but hopefully it might be a similar fix and it relates to Kaspersky AV. I’m running windows 11 and the latest Kaspersky version.

Note: In case you’re using Kaspersky or a different 3rd party AV, check the settings to see if Local Services (TCP) are not being actively blocked. If they are, reconfigure the Packet Rules to allow Local Services.

If you go into Kaspersky settings/Security/Firewall, scroll down to Packet Rules. Select “Local Services (TCP)” and then the Edit tab at the top. Select Action Tab and click Allow. Select save and confirm. i also did the same with “Local Services (UDF), but not sure if it relates to this issue.

Make sure your music folder or folders are set to share by selecting the folder, then right click, properties/Sharing/advance sharing/ and then selecting the box at the top left. Click on apply and close.

You will find that you can go to the Sonos music library settings and add your music back to your library.

Hopefully this will help, but don’t come at  me if it doesn’t. it has worked on my computer and if could take pictures and upload them i would.