Skip to main content

My Sonos system worked perfectly with Google Play but I have recently had to transfer to You Tube Music. My library appears for albums & artists but the Songs section just gives an error message and is empty. I want to be able to shuffle my library but can’t without Songs

Hi @Peo2412, thanks for reaching out. Thanks for bringing this up and I know where you're coming from. And about this issue on Youtube Music. I’ll be asking some questions to further check on this concern.

• Did it all start after migrating from Google play Music to Youtube Music?
  • Have you tried this article about Transfer your Google Play Music account?
  • What is the error message that is showing up on the Songs section?
  • Have you tried to remove and readd the Youtube Music service on the Sonos App?
  • Have you tried it on another controller or device where you have the Sonos App if the same issue persists?

Answers to those questions will help us check what could be causing this issue. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Give up using YTM, try iBroadcast instead.

Yes it only started after transferring to you tube music. Everything worked ok with google play. Everything is working in the ytm app itself, the songs only disappear in the Sonos app. I have deleted & reinstalled ytm in the Sonos app a couple of times. It still says “no selections available” I’ve spoken to google/ytm who told me it’s not them because the ytm app is working. I also have Spotify set up in the Sonos app which seems to work ok. How do I transfer my library from google play/ytm to Spotify if I can’t get ytm working in Sonos?

Spotify do not support hosting your own music files. That is why I suggested iBroadcast.

I’m having the same problem. Things worked perfectly with Google Play and since the migration, I can’t get any music to play using my sonos app. YouTube Music plays perfectly well on my computer and phone, but says “no selection available” on Sonos.

Can you help?