Skip to main content

Been tweaking my system. I grouped my sons speakers and am able to cast from my phone or laptop to all 4 of my speakers if I pick airplay through Spotify with on my phone or through my laptop. If I go to YouTube in my iPhone I can cast to the same group and it works. My issue is I would like to cast from using YouTube.com or music.YouTube.com to my grouping but all that shows up is my tv when I press the casting button . Confused as to why it works on Spotify but not YouTube from my laptop. I did add the YouTube music service in under the sonos app but It’s not syncing up with my playlists 

Sonos doesn’t have access to the YouTube code base, so you’d need to get Google to integrate the existing API that Sonos has written that is in use by Spotify and Apple. Given the recent loss by Google to the legal challenge by Sonos, it seems unlikely that Google would be excited about making that happen.  

Been tweaking my system. I grouped my sons speakers and am able to cast from my phone or laptop to all 4 of my speakers if I pick airplay through Spotify with on my phone or through my laptop. If I go to YouTube in my iPhone I can cast to the same group and it works. My issue is I would like to cast from using YouTube.com or music.YouTube.com to my grouping but all that shows up is my tv when I press the casting button . Confused as to why it works on Spotify but not YouTube from my laptop. I did add the YouTube music service in under the sonos app but It’s not syncing up with my playlists 

Here are instructions for how you can play YouTube on your Sonos for free. 

https://www.deadf00d.com/post/how-i-hacked-sonos-and-youtube-the-same-day.html