Skip to main content

I was able to buy a couple of Sonos One and a soundbar why my company moved in a new location and was eager to make them play. I must add that I own a complete system at home and was very happy with it.

The was is the key and everything said was before the f%”=)&?/(ç”(&g update the S2 App. I have applied a factory reset to the units and tried to build a new system. Then it quickly turned to a real nightmare.

First of all, the Sonos App wants to know your exact location. Except of trying to get a maximum of data about you, I don’t see the point.

Then the App was able to find the first Sonos One and tried to connect it to a WiFi network. So far so good but the WiFi network selected was not the one my smartphone was connected to.

After many other iterations, I believe (absolutely not sure) my smartphone and the Sonos One were on the same WiFi network. Then came the update of the Sonos One since it was disconnected for about a year. The update was, guess what, unsuccessful …

You can try as many times as you want to; it doesn’t work. Period.

Yet another reason to dump the whole thing and consider buying another solution.

How can people release an App with more bugs than features. The company should be ashamed, and the board should clean up the top management and the commit a hara-kiri to start on a new ground with an industrial state of mind instead of a greedy strategy.