Skip to main content

Workaround for Sonos Playlists

• 21 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Want to share a workaround for accessing your Sonos Playlists on the new app.  If you use the desktop app (I have MAC) you can mark you playlists add them to ‘Sonos Favorites’ and then they will show up on the new app under ‘Sonos Favorites’ | ‘Playlists’.

If support sees this they should share it with all users.  It solves my problem.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Scratch that.  Apparently Sonos Favorites only has 33 slots available.  If you have don’t have other favorites or only 33 playlists it will work, but I have many more so, I’m out of luck.  I have some of my playlists, but only a fraction. :(

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

This doesn’t work at all.  They show up but I get a message ‘something went wrong’.  Yes, what went wrong was Sonos decision to release a buggy incomplete app. So tired of this.  At the end.  Will never buy another Sonos product.

Userlevel 1

When I play a track from a playlist via the PC the entire playlist then shows up in 'Recently played' in the phone app.  But looks like it's limited to the 40 most recently played sources in total so need to replay them occasionally to keep them from dropping off the end of the list.

For me my original playlists were all preserved okay on the PC Sonos controller. I can edit the playlists there in full and then go back to the phone app to play them.  Pain in the hole to have to workaround like this but at least it gives some degree of control back.

Before the most recent update this was patchy on the phone app - some times the recently played were visible but grayed out and inaccessible. Since last update they've been accessible continuously. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

When I play a track from a playlist via the PC the entire playlist then shows up in 'Recently played' in the phone app.  But looks like it's limited to the 40 most recently played sources in total so need to replay them occasionally to keep them from dropping off the end of the list.

For me my original playlists were all preserved okay on the PC Sonos controller. I can edit the playlists there in full and then go back to the phone app to play them.  Pain in the hole to have to workaround like this but at least it gives some degree of control back.

Before the most recent update this was patchy on the phone app - some times the recently played were visible but grayed out and inaccessible. Since last update they've been accessible continuously. 

Here’s my experience…

I select the playlist, then look at this for 10 seconds

then the playlist shows up after waiting.  The I press play and watch this for 30 seconds and then I give up.

it never plays