Windows 10/11 Sonos Controller stuck on icon (Hyper-V)

• 7 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello, like some of the users in the community, I have been hit with the curious bug of the Windows controller getting stuck at the startup icon because it is unable to bind port 3410.

Log entry:

<ApplicationData>@Module:module @Message:Can't bind (port 3410)</ApplicationData>

As the solution that worked for me is different from the other posts I found, I wanted to share another. In my case, the reserved port was caused by a combination of Hyper-V / Docker / WSL2 reserving a bunch of ranges.

Confirm that a reserved port is your problem by running  netsh interface ipv4 show excludedportrange protocol=tcp and if you see a port range listed that includes port 3410, proceed.

1. Disable Hyper-V and reboot
  2. Run netsh int ipv4 add excludedportrange protocol=tcp startport=3410 numberofports=1 to reserve port 3410
  3. Enable Hyper-V and reboot

This permanently fixed the problem for me.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @vintagesucks 

Thanks for sharing your fix! I’m sure someone will find your solution of great use!