Skip to main content

How expensive can it be to put up for sale a usb C microphone with the optimal characteristics to do trueplay from any android or ios device. a super compact microphone that fits perfectly in a small usb type c.

Wouldn't that be easier than having to borrow an ios device.
This is advice for Sonos. There are many users who cannot take 100% advantage of their Sonos speakers due to an insistence that trueplay can only be used with IOS.
If we see how long the trueplay takes for the new ipads, the 4th generation air does not even have the 5th generation ipad mini and 1 year after its release.

the 4th generation air does not even have the 5th generation ipad mini and 1 year after its release.

Incorrect. 

I’m happy to announce that TruePlay support for iPad Air 4th Gen, iPad 8th gen, iPad 9th gen, and iPad Mini 6th gen has been enabled for S1 and S2 systems.

the 4th generation air does not even have the 5th generation ipad mini and 1 year after its release.

Incorrect. 

I’m happy to announce that TruePlay support for iPad Air 4th Gen, iPad 8th gen, iPad 9th gen, and iPad Mini 6th gen has been enabled for S1 and S2 systems.

At last

Hi, I am also an Android user and understand your frustration. I did, however, purchase an old iPod Touch gen 6 off eBay for only £40 and to be honest, it’s been very useful. I used it for my beam/sub/oneSL set up, then when I hooked up an old turntable to a pair of Fives, used it for that. Interestingly these items are in the same lounge, and the trueplay (which I can now toggle on or off on my Android app), makes a huge difference to the Fives set up, but not so much with the home theatre set up. I then only last week, bought a new large piece of wooden furniture to put my Fives HiFi set up on, so ran trueplay again for everything - just in case. I would say picking up an old IOS device is a handy thing as now I have it available for future trueplaying. 

I did the same.

I was holding out for a newer device that was under “Coming Soon” but it instead ended up under “Unsupported”.