Skip to main content
I just “switched” from Bluesound due to the more mature Sonos software and Apple Music compatibility which was supposed to make my life simpler. Now that I have everything up and running I’m disappointed in a couple things. Most importantly, why is there no native iOS widget to enable Sonos control from the lock screen or notification center? A previous Sonos system I set up for a friend had native control on the lock screen which, I understand, is now disabled in V9 due to Airplay 2 issues. Fine. But why not a widget as an alternative? This is just something I’ve always used, and apparently took for granted, in Bluesound and is now sorely missed.
I believe lock screen only goes away if you have other airplay speakers non-sonos and no sonos airplay2 compatible speakers.

Either way - I believe Sonobit offers a more full featured ios widget for sonos that also includes app watch app (I think its only like $3 if you want to add widget). Way more functional than lock screen control.
+1 ... new Sonos (Beam) customer here. No iOS widget?? Wot? Also no easy way to snooze (iOS widget or Apple Watch notification)? I need to use third party app to do this??? Not what I expected from Sonos.