Skip to main content

As stated, I'm just trying to add the Google assistant to my Sonos arc. When I'm in the app, it has me sign in, then redirects to Google home. Cool. Google home wants me to sign in to Sonos. Ok? It redirects me to the website. I log in and the Sonos website says the Sonos app needs to update with 2 buttons. Go to Sonos App or I've fixed the problem. The first option does what it says, the Sonos app comes back up but it's currently trying to link with Google. I can try again or cancel. If I try again, please start reading this paragraph again. If I cancel, I can go check for updates. Checking both the devices individually and the system itself says there's no updates available and the versions appear to be the latest version. Back to where the Sonos website tells me I need to update, if I choose I've fixed the problem, it just refreshes the page. So. That's where I'm stuck.

Everything else works fine, I can stream music via the app itself, I can use Bluetooth, I can use the HDMI with my TV, I just can't set up the Google assistant apparently. 

Hardware:

Sonos Arc

Sonos Sub

Sonos Boost

Pixel 6 Pro on Android 13

So far I've tried:

Powering cycling all devices, including my router.

Resetting my network settings on the router.

Reformating my router as new with new networks.

Trying to add Sonos from the Google home app first by adding "works with Google" and selecting Sonos

Resetting everything multiple times and setting everything up as new again. Like 3 times. Ugh.

Hi.  Factory resetting the system rarely , if ever, achieves anything positive in troubleshooting.  It deletes all customisations and all diagnostic information.  Please make a resolution never to do it again.

Are you trying to do this with the mobile app or the PC/Mac app?

Hi @GodSammitDam 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.