Skip to main content

Who else is frustrated with the new alarm time picker

• 2 June 2024
  • 4 replies

So the new app sucks in many ways. Here's one. Now that the Alarms function has returned to the app, I find that the time picker to set the alarm time is horrible to work with. Tiny font, hair trigger scroll wheels. Olympic eye-hand coordination needed. Is it just me?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

If it’s the iPhone app, have they not implement the time picker like in iPhone (e.g. calendar, clock etc.) where instead of swiping the scroll component you can tap on the time and can then type in the numbers?

The font will still be small but that might help a bit if they’ve implemented it similarly. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

They have not. It's just the scroll wheels.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Ah, so they are no longer using the iOS controls like in the older S2 app. That is a pity and decreases  usability.

It would be interesting to know what other features have (deliberately) been deprecated or their usability worsened. It would be useful to know if there is now any change or a hard-capped maximum number of items in imported/older playlists (100?) or artist’s albums (50?) etc. 

That kind of info will likely not be shared, though. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Sorry, I wasn't clear: I'm Android user, so it's the Android app I'm having issues with.