Answered

When will Sonos update the app with a 3 band EQ? Bass-Mid-Treble?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sonos app update. 3 band EQ BASS-MID-TREBLE greater user control. It’s the weakness in the app.

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 24 January 2023, 15:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

43 replies

Yes +1, I would like a little more (granularity) customisation options in this area too - I would perhaps even settle for some EQ ‘presets’ for both TV and Music audio.

I would also like to see a manual L/R balance control for Sonos HT rooms.

Userlevel 2
Badge

presets would be nice also! It seems so obvious. Car stereos have a mid controls why not Sonos? It would be to there advantage, in my opinion, to stick with a little tried and true as well as the tech!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @grindlizer and welcome to Sonos Community!

Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated.

I have marked this thread as a feature request, and forwarded it to the relevant teams for consideration.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Yes +1, I would like a little more (granularity) customisation options in this area too - I would perhaps even settle for some EQ ‘presets’ for both TV and Music audio.

Please - please no EQ presets, I have yet to experience a EQ preset that I have been satisfied with.
Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks, Sotiris. Appreciate the good word!

Please - please no EQ presets, I have yet to experience a EQ preset that I have been satisfied with.

I would prefer a customisable EQ, that’s for sure. 👍

I would personally find it helpful to also have separate EQ settings attached to TV listening and Music playback. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sounds like another great Idea!

Userlevel 2
Badge

this is crazy, new speakers put ancient equalizer. I will buy new speakers only after they provide an EQ with midrange adjustment.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Finally, a good idea....

Userlevel 2
Badge

why buy anything new when they go with the bare minimum cheap EQ?

why buy anything new when they go with the bare minimum cheap EQ?

Cheap???  

My reason for buying the speakers would be that they sound great and give me limited opportunities to screw things up.  There is an almost limitless number of factors that are more critical to the quality of the sound.

car stereos have a mid control

Indeed they do. But high end hifi amplifiers generally do not.  You may wish to ponder on that.

Userlevel 2
Badge

okay, but I still think a 3 band EQ is a needed upgrade, 5 band would be better!

Some will want a parametric equalizer.

I know users who always boost tone controls to the max and this is what sounds “best”. For these listeners additional tone controls would be a great plus because more controls could be set to max.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Wow, a parametric EQ! It would be great. However I was thinking baby steps. A 3 band or 5 band EQ would be a decent way to go for now since they don’t seem very concerned about it. Sonos has a blind spot right now. It’s like they have high end sports car with a 2 speed transmission ( forward and reverse). It’s nice but it could be so much better. I should have done better research before I bought it. Denon wireless receiver might be a better alternative going forward. Plenty of EQ with them.

But, an automatic transmission, while presenting only two speeds to the driver, can shift faster and at more appropriate times. Sure, the automatic costs some power, but think how much power is wasted by the liquid rubber interface with the road.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I would be happy with adjustable midrange update on the sonos app! I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who would like this addition.

Bingo! Add me to this request tally. 

• Mid Range EQ control or control over Speech Enhancement at least (current SE is currently too harsh)
  • Different saved EQ etc. settings for Music and TV content. Completely different needs.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you, yes! 3 band would be a good start 5 band would be better. At least make it optional. Come on Sonos, you obviously have some good engineers, there must be a way!!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Updates on E Q Upgrades?

It’s been a request essentially since Sonos was released in 2005. So far, no updates. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Was not mentioned in the recent on-line discussion with one of the sound engineer guys

Userlevel 2
Badge

Why am I not surprised. Apparently Sonos has a blind spot! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Or Sonos customer research shows not many people want this, especially since the introduction of Trueplay, or it is technologically less viable to do for Sonos…….