Skip to main content

Hi   I am currently running Sonos 8.3 (and have had no issues).  I think I may have to migrate to Sonos S1 - as I am getting a new computer shortly.  That means my 6 old CR100’s will no longer work.   But I know I can use the CR200’s.  I haven’t bought any yet - but (of course) I can get CR200’s cheap.  So my question is - will the new S1 software recognize them and install them without any issues - or do I have to become NEW SCHOOL Brian?   I have managed to resist change for a long time!   Thanks for all your help in this matter.  Brian

Also - is there any way to keep Sonos 8.3 on my new computer and stay Old School Brian?

Also - is there any way to keep Sonos 8.3 on my new computer and stay Old School Brian?

I would have thought that you can just install the 8.3 version on the new machine, providing that you have the executable file available - I’m assuming Windows, here.

My system is locked down at 10.4 with no internet access, and when I added a new PC/laptop I just installed the correct version to the existing Sonos system and it worked fine.

However, I would get more expert opinions than mine before doing anything rash :-)

I would hope so as well.  Just I know it sometimes it isnt as easy as just copying the files over to the new computer…...

So does that mean I can add some CR200’s on S1?  Should I buy these CR200’s now or wait?   So being old school and technically challenged - how exactly would I install 8.3 on my new computer.  Just copy the files from my old computer to my new one?