Question

What are the updates in 7.2.1?

• 28 May 2017
  • 6 replies

I was prompted to upgrade to 7.2.1 but i do not see the release notes. Please list what the updates are.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Really? They are trying to keep your gear up to date. Even time there is a update on your phone or computer Sonos has to keep up. Do you question every time Apple does an update?
'As reported elsewhere, 7.2.1 is a minor fix to just the play base; those that don't have it will not get any upgrade from 7.2 prompt.

I have exactly the same query and I do not see how 'a minor fix' answers the other poster's questions about 'critical fix'. It's either minor or critical. It's my PC- what is Sonos doing to it please?
As reported elsewhere, 7.2.1 is a minor fix to just the play base; those that don't have it will not get any upgrade from 7.2 prompt.
When the Windows version of the Sonos client prompts to install the update it states "This update fixes a critical issue". I think it is reasonable to state somewhere what the issue was.
Double-dot releases are usually minor bug fixes.
To be more specific, what issues do the updates address?