Skip to main content
Answered

Western Digital MyCloud Home & Sonos

• 8 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Will a Western Digital My Cloud Home work to play my MP3 music, on our Sonos  One/SL stereo pair set up which is controlled by a Amazon Alexa Echdot. Looking at maybe at getting a 2tb version. Don’t need it for anything else, at present all my music is on pc, and I use iPlayer to put it on our iPod a touch devices. Is there anything I should know about the WD my cloud, is it easy to set up with a Sonos, bearing in mind my skills are limited with computers.  Any other suggestions or help appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I use an older version of the Western Digital for an NAS that holds my audio collection. It works just fine, with the one fairly common exception. When Western Digital sends software updates, they turn off SMB v1, and I have to turn it back on. Fortunately, they don’t frequently update the software, but it’s something to be aware of that you’ll need to change at both initial setup, as well as when they update.