Answered

We listen to Music. I used my Sonos speakers yesterday. Why can I not use headphones today?

• 15 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Tonight I hit the “Party Mode”.  I will not get specific but there is a Sonos speaker all over the house.  Except in the pool.  Next to the pool yes.

After saying hello to the neighbours and them something something, TURN IT DOWN!..  I decided to go to my headphones.  Exit Sonos app and back to…. another app.  

I have read all the posts and the people saying that the app is a control centre, not sure for who, NASA or maybe SpaceX > “Starman Man”..  

I just need to ask why?  If I have Sonos speakers I use your app.  If I had another companies speakers why would I open Sonos?  Why can I not just use the same app for all of my music?  My subscription is not with Sonos.  Your blocking of local playback does nothing for your brand.  It just makes me ask if I should look at Apple or Amazon.  Their sound is not as good of course but sometimes I just want to listed to music.  Yesterday via my Sonos speaker.  Today via my headphones.

icon

Best answer by John B 15 October 2022, 09:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hi.  I have no idea what your post is about.  As you have said yourself (but don’t seem to understand), the Sonos app is a control for the Sonos system.  The Sonos app does not play audio to any speaker - neither to Sonos speakers nor to any other speakers.  It instructs the Sonos speakers to fetch the music.  It cannot play local audio direct to your headphones.  But what is this nonsense about Sonos ‘blocking’ anything?  Go ahead and use your headphones - nobody and nothing is stopping you

A baffling post, I’m afraid.