Skip to main content

I used Sonos speakers a while ago, 5 years +. My friend had the system and I was really impressed. 

I recently decided I needed some speakers at home and remembered Sonos being the best quality. So I purchased the double pack of the ONE SL. I have to say i’m shocked about how much the usability has declined. Have had constant issues with connectivity, no one is available over the phone, can only connect one of the speakers, does not work on wifi, one of the speakers will not connect at all even over ethernet connection. Complete embarrassment of a system.

Will be returning for money back, ill go and give Bose a call. Don’t waste your time with Sonos. I have exceptional wifi too. 

And yet being able to connect to your network is a requirement for Sonos devices. You’ve posted your opinion on a help forum, yet provided no real way for anyone to help you. There’s just not enough information in your post to even hazard a guess as to why you’re having such a difficult experience, but it certainly appears that most folks don’t have this issue. 

I’ve found no reduction in usability at all over the last 10+ years as a Sonos user, and have helped many friends set up systems, as well, without issue. It really is unfortunate that you’re having such difficulty, and equally unfortunate you’re unwilling to ask the community for assistance. 

Bruce

I don’t think you need to shame or castigate a user of Sonos who is genuinely frustrated and unhappy with the problems he’s experienced with a VERY EXPENSIVE product.  I have also had Sonos for 10-ish years and I’ve spent and still spend dozens of hours finding missing speakers and troubleshooting an endless list of software and connection issues.

Currently my Sonos Connect disappears daily while my other dozen or so speakers remain relatively stable. My network is good and my software is all up-to-date. Please share your expertise with myself and the group on how you would suggest fixing this.

RS

rshea,

We cannot rule out a hardware issue with CONNECT.

Is your CONNECT wired or wireless? When your CONNECT disappears, how do you find it?