Skip to main content

Sonos is a complete waste of money. I bought it to use with my iPad to play my music YT now I can’t do that so just a really expensive radio! Also I cannot get it to work with my pc. Useless. Does any know if there is a system that you can use with an iPad?

Sonos is a complete waste of money. I bought it to use with my iPad to play my music YT now I can’t do that so just a really expensive radio! Also I cannot get it to work with my pc. Useless. Does any know if there is a system that you can use with an iPad?

You can use YT Music with Sonos but you need a sub

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3259?language=en_US

If you don’t have a sub, have you tried to airplay to your sonos speaker?

Apple has their homepods maybe you would be happier with that? You would have to use airplay, no voice control to start music with siri for youtube afaik.

Thanks Bumper

I am not sure why you think Sonos doesn't work with an iPad. You can send any audio on your iPad to your Sonos One speaker using Airplay 2. Unless your iPad is really old and cannot support Airplay 2.

Thanks John but Sonos doesn’t appear on airplay, just Apple TV and I’ve tried it on my new iPhone too so not sure why.

I’m thinking my speakers are too old maybe?

Your profile says you have a Sonos One - if that is correct then it is Airplay compatible.  Unless you really have a Play:1.  Does it have physical buttons you press, or just symbols to tap?

@John B Hmmm. Maybe @Bumper means “sub” as in subscription? Not a Sonos Sub?

@John B Hmmm. Maybe @Bumper means “sub” as in subscription? Not a Sonos Sub?

I assume so. I am just trying to establish if @Scoxs2000 has a Play:1 or One, to establish Airplay compatibility (as @Scoxs2000 asked if her speakers might be too old for Airplay)

@Scoxs2000 .  Assuming that you have a Sonos One (touch sensitive buttons) it is definitely Airplay enabled.  It may be sufficient to power off and on again the One and your Apple controller devices to get Airplay working.

Why can’t you get it to work with your PC, exactly?

I can’t remember exactly but it wouldn’t recognise my Sonos 

I’ll try turning off and on again though