Skip to main content

Wanting to let Sonos know how disappointed I am with the latest software

• 19 July 2024
  • 5 replies

I’ve used and loved Sonos products for years, but the changes in the system over the past couple of months are terrible. The functions on the controllers are super slow, some features no longer work, and I thought I’d check out the site and see if there’s anything I’m doing that’s wrong, but everyone else is frustrated too. I have way too much invested to jump ship, so I’m going to wait for the updates. I’m just really disappointed that a company that was so innovative and had wonderfully functioning software has dropped the ball.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’ve used and loved Sonos products for years, but the changes in the system over the past couple of months are terrible. The functions on the controllers are super slow, some features no longer work, and I thought I’d check out the site and see if there’s anything I’m doing that’s wrong, but everyone else is frustrated too. I have way too much invested to jump ship, so I’m going to wait for the updates. I’m just really disappointed that a company that was so innovative and had wonderfully functioning software has dropped the ball.

You are not alone and sadly the answer here is to wait for them to sort out this new App.

I’ve also decided not to invest further in new Sonos products although I’m not ruling out buying from eBay when things are settled. I’m hoping a reasonable alternative will emerge for my future investment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Let’s hope Monday’s app update will go some way to helping people’s systems work better… 

Hi Carl I so agree with you. I to have used Sonos for years and been so happy with thier products and mobile app that I have invested in alot in thier products over the years. Since the begining of this May. I started having stability problems with my Sonos App on both my iPad and iPhone which have caused great fustration as the reliability has really been down graded. I have been finding myself using the Windows app which is limited but still quite reiliable. I hope that since they released thier rather lame Web App that they will not stop development on thier Windows App. Like you all I can do is cross my fingers and hope Monday’s app update will return my Sonos system realiability back to what it was in the begining of this year.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Carl- I too am a long term Sonos user and have invested thousands in their hardware. Like a huge number of customers have been very disappointed in the latest software updates. The app is basically junk. It takes forever to connect to the system and is slow to the point of being absurd. I told my wife in the time that it takes to search for and play a song, I could find a CD, put it in the player and play the track. In fact, the manual way would be way faster. On a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is best, Sonos has dropped from a 10 to a 1. I am particularly pissed off that Sonos has not published an a sincere apology and explained what actually happened. They have only issued some marketing BS that makes it sound like the app has only small problems. By soft selling, they are insulting all of us. We are all experiencing this, so just come out and acknowledge it, admit you screwed up, and tell us what you are going to do to fix it and when. Based on the past few months of dealing with this app, I will not buy anymore Sonos products. They have a long way to go to make amends with me. They have also created a long term problem. I used to be a great ambassador for Sonos and recommended it to family and friends. I now tell everyone to not buy Sonos. I’m sure there are other customers who are doing the same. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I’m starting to think that Sonos should be bought up by a company that actually listens to its customers. If the stock price falls much further it might look like a good purchase for the likes of Apple…

Either way, the controller app needs scrapping because a well as having far less functionality than the previous one, it’s architecture simply doesn’t follow a logical pattern. It’s dreadful.

Thank goodness for SonoPhone and SonoPad!