Visualizer for Sonos PC Controller!

• 12 December 2015
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Is anyone aware of a visualizer for now playing in a future release of the sonos program? Or any third party ways of showing this?

I would love during parties to have like a visualizer showing what's now playing or like a fanart to display on my tv or computer or whatever.

I've attached a picture of an example from XBMC which has this feature in the program (looks awesome!)

Thanks in advance,
-Mike M.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

There's lots of things out there that some people love that I consider "gimmicks". Doesn't change their love for it in any way, nor should it. I suspect there's a lot of things I like that they could care less about. Diversity is a good thing.

IDIC.
Meh. Much more gimmick than “great feature”.
Given that the original request was 3 years ago, and the ongoing de-emphasis of desktop controllers, most notably shown by the removal of all setup functions from the desktop clients, I wouldn't expect them to be dedicating much time to this request.

Sorry, it's a cool idea. I just don't expect that it would be implemented any time soon, if ever.
Badge
Also wanting to see a visualiser for sonos. It's been available on itunes for years. Don't understand why it's not been followed up - a great feature
I would also love to see a visualizer plugin for the Sonos controller.

I am currently listening to Dopesmoker by Sleep, and this calls for some visuals to match the sonic assault on my senses.
I would also love to see a visualizer.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello Molinski. no plans to announce at the time. We'll pass on the suggestion for you. Let us know if you have any other questions we can help with.