Skip to main content

UPDATE ERROR IN VARIOUS SONOS PRODUCTS

Anyone experiencing update error recently on their sonos product? seems like various discussions about this issue? maybe on their software?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The accounts that I’ve seen usually involve some sort of user misunderstanding. 

Earlier today, however, there was a report that an update could not be completed with an iPad or desktop controller, but was successful when started from an Android. Since there has only been one such report, we should not generalize.

I have not noticed this bias and I tend to start the update with whichever controller is closest. I have the Windows Desktop, Android, and iPad available to me. 

The only more consistent, yet small number of reports about this have all centered sound the Move, not other Sonos products, and based on reports, the majority have been resolved by a reboot / power cycle of the Move. 

I’d be loathe to be sounding a general alarm, certainly. All of my devices updated without issue.