Skip to main content

Hi, I have a Sonos One set up on a standard Comcast XFinity wifi connection. I am unable to see the Sonos One as an option via AirPlay.

Sonos One was purchased fall of 2019 new from Best Buy. I have a 2013 and a 2017 MacBook Pro, both of which I would like to use to connect to Sonos One via Airplay.

The software on all devices is up to date (Sonos firmware, Sonos software and operating system software).

My first thought was that my devices weren’t compatible but I just bought the Sonos One and it’s listed as a compatible devices on your site. When I go into the Music app and click the AirPlay icon only my computer shows up.

Many thanks!!

What MacOS are you running? I think 10.13 High sierra is the minimum requirement for Airplay 2.

(Sonos is not, and has never been, compatible with original Airplay. )

Moderator Note: Using Airplay with Sonos

The software on all devices is up to date (Sonos firmware, Sonos software and operating system software).

Thanks for the answer. I’m running Catalina v10.15.3.

Hi, responding back on this and bumping.

Lol @ the fact that the moderator posted the FAQ for “using AirPlay with Sonos” :joy:  Like I’m too dumb to read basic documentation before taking the trouble to submit a Community question and a support ticket. I’m pretty unhappy with the level of support from Sonos’ side at getting any questions solved.

Rant over, has anyone had any luck with this? Again, it’s just not showing up so I thought it may be related to my hardware not being compatible but everything even the MacBook has been new within the last 2 years. 

THanks!

Hi, you can close this ticket. I thought I bought a Sonos One SL from Best Buy, turns out it’s a Play:1 and there is a difference.