Answered

Unable to connect to Audible - Wrong marketplace US instead of UK

• 31 December 2023
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Have own Sonos system for 2 years and never been able to connect to Audible. Many talks to support and no solution. I live in Iceland and have Audible UK, but when I connect to Audible the authentication is always for Audible US. Support tells me that I have to change my Sonos Profile and live in UK. For many months my Profile says I live in UK but still the authentication is for Audible US instead of UK.

Why don’t let user choose witch Audible Market u want to authenticate against? Like everyone else does it.

icon

Best answer by Hugi 4 January 2024, 11:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Hugi, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve had a look in our system using your email and found a case that was created regarding this, but it doesn’t seem like a lot of troubleshooting was performed. 

I would recommend trying to add Audible with a different controller, such as another phone, a tablet, or computer. A full system reboot can also help if you haven’t done this, which is just powering off your Router, additional networking equipment, and Sonos speakers for around one to two minutes then powering them back on and trying to add Audible again.

If those steps don’t resolve this for you, then I would suggest reaching back out to our support team as they have the necessary tools available to troubleshoot this issue with you, as they can remote into your system to see what’s preventing Audible from being added.

I hope this helps!

Hi James and thx for your reply. 

I have tested this on many devices and even new devices. Reset system and everything. Nothing changes. 

I will talked once again to the support team

Once again...no solution. Talked to 2 people in Sonos Support Team. Can’t recommend Sonos to anyone after this. No one at Sonos know that the issue is or willing to fix the code to allow users to select Audible marketplace to authenticate against. 

Same problem. Audible UK is a different authentication page/API token. It should be easy enough for developers to add another icon Audible UK. Can someone please do this and enable UK users to hear audible on Sonos?

What did Sonos Support suggest, when you contacted them?