Skip to main content

Trueplay: Does it adjust for more than frequency? (i.e. Phase?)

• 2 December 2017
  • 4 replies

As the title asked, does Sonos adjust for more than frequency? For example, does it adjust for phase between speakers which may be different distance from the listening area? Does it adjust for phase between subwoofer and speakers so that manual phase adjustment is not necessary?

If yes, it is more powerful than I anticipated. Curious.

Thanks.
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The Sub has a placement adjustment that did this even before Trueplay was released.
Badge
Apologies. I was not clear. I am not thinking just for the sub - also for in between speakers who may be placed closer vs further in particular environments. The sub is only 0 or 180 degree adjustments - not very fine gradients.

Wondering if Trueplay does better for all speakers, and not just subs. Thanks.
TruePlay will adjust every speaker in an assigned room according to the room interior (i.e. walls, floors, furniture etc.) However, Trueplay is not a silver bullet it could degrade the room acoustics. Only you can make that determination.
Trueplay works on the sound from a combined unit/unit pair + Sub when the units are so configured.

But for units playing as independent speakers in a group in one room there is no adjustment for the room response to grouped play, if that is any different from it to speakers playing one at a time. The latter way is how each independent speaker is tuned, one at a time.