Answered

Trueplay

• 1 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi all - I have a number of Sonos speakers  ; era 100, era 300  and move 2 .   The era 300 are in pairs and also singularly .  I use an iPhone 12 Pro Max . 

in all the settings for all the speakers  , I’m finding the quick trueplay option to sound  “cleaner” in lots of ways . The most obvious thing seems to be the treble response which is more muted when using the detailed trueplay option . 

Clearly one possibility is that the iPhone isn’t doing the job properly .. but that the only possibility ? 

Thanks 👍🏻

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 November 2023, 00:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

TruePlay isn’t magic, it’s just a potential way to resolve some of the rooms issues. It’s entirely feasible for you not to like the changes it makes. There are several rooms in which it’s made no difference in my home, I assume that’s because I’ve already optimized the speakers position for the room. But, it’s looking to set up as ‘neutral’ a sound as possible, which may not match your own personal preferences. In some cases, folks use it as a baseline, and then make additional modifications in the controller, in order to match what they want to hear (commonly mentioned is additional bass). 

Don’t stress about it. Use it, or not, whichever matches what you prefer.