Skip to main content
Question

There was a problem confirming if your Sonos Controller is up-to-date

• 1 January 2018
  • 1 reply

I'm trying to install Sonos One. When trying to connect the controller to the speaker, I get the message Version Unconfirmed. 'There was a problem confirming if your Sonos Controller is up-to-date some features may not work'

I can then go on to connect the wifi successfully, and can use the music function with streaming etc, but the setup does not give me the opportunity to either configure the optimum speaker setup or to enable Alexa. Have tried on two different PCs, one running windows seven and one windows 10 as well as a android phone, same error. Have tried unplugging and resetting router, same error. I've noticed this 'up to date' problem seems to be common but have not found any solution. Any advice?
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hello there, birdie17. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Would you mind submitting a diagnostic report and replying with the seven-digit confirmation number it gives at the end? This will give us some insight into what is going on here. Thanks in advance.