Skip to main content

Will the SYMFONISK remote work with the Arc speaker?

Hi @moonmich, welcome to the community, and thanks for reaching out! 

In regards to your question, we do not have any specific remote that we can provide but as long as you’re using it on your TV, you should be able to use it on your Sonos Arc. If your Sonos Arc is connected to your TV’s HDMI-ARC or HDMI-eARC input, it will work with Bluetooth, WiFi Direct, or RF-only remotes but if Arc is connected via optical adapter it will only support IR remotes. Please check this link for more information about Setting up a new TV remote with Sonos home theater speakers.

The Symfonish remote is WiFi based, similar to the other WiFi remotes Sonos sells directly on this site.  It should work.  Note you’ll have to get the TRÅDFRI gateway too.

But as Krishma pointed out, it’s not really necessary as the Arc, along with Sonos other home theater products, are built to work with your TVs remote.

Thanks very much - connected my TV remote and all is well!

Thanks very much - connected my TV remote and all is well!

How did it go? Looking at doing the same.

In regards to your question, we do not have any specific remote that we can provide but as long as you’re using it on your TV, you should be able to use it on your Sonos Arc. If your Sonos Arc is connected to your TV’s HDMI-ARC or HDMI-eARC input, it will work with Bluetooth, WiFi Direct, or RF-only remotes but if Arc is connected via optical adapter it will only support IR remotes. Please check this link for more information about Setting up a new TV remote with Sonos home theater speakers.

Hi @dmuggs, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community! May I know your current set up to better assist you? We and the community are always here to help.