Skip to main content

I recently added my SiriusXM app to my Move app in an attempt to be able to ask my Sonos Move to play SirusXM.  When I ask the Move, I’m told “Sorry, it looks like SiriusXM isn’t currently supported on the move”

Has anyone else been able to make this work? If not, does anyone know of a timeline where this is to be supported?

Thanks

Hi @tgtcat6.

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. I would like to ask some questions to better understand what is going on so I can better help you out.

• Are we using the Sonos App to play music?
  • Are we using a voice service to play music via voice command?
  • Are we using a free or a premium paid account?
  • Can we play music using the SiriusXM app through Sonos?
  • Do we have the same issue with other music services?
  • Can we try playing music using other music services?

The more information you provide, the more we can better understand what is going on and how to help you out.

Thanks,

1.  I have SiriusXM linked to the Sonos app on my phone.  To play, I am asking google “hey google, play sirusxm lithium”
  2. yes, see above.
  3. paid account
  4. yes, this works fine
  5. Not that I have found yet; iHeart and Spotify work fine.
  6. Not an isisue, works fine.

Hope that helps

H @tgtcat6.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

thanks for giving us some more detailed information as so we are now able to isolate that the issue only happens within the use of voice service with the music service SiriusXM alone. I would like to recommend removing the music service and adding back the music service on the Sonos App. To add to that, I would also like to recommend removing and re-adding the voice service just so we can have a refresh of the services on the Sonos App.

After following my recommendation above and still the issue persists, I would like to suggest contacting our technical support team for a more in-depth troubleshooting step and to conduct further testing.

Please let me know how it goes. I’ll be more than happy to help if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Hi,

I added SiriusXM to my Move using the Sonos application on my Samsung Galaxy S20+ with no problems and it’s playing now. Just had to sign into SiriusXM in order to get the service active on Sonos.

Of course, your issue may stem from the SiriusXM account where you have to enable access to the streaming service outside your car. That should be all you need to do. Let me know if this works for you.

Peace

One other thing that must be configured. On your phone, using the Alexa app, link Alexa to your SiriusXM service, then tell Alexa to play music on your Move using the name you may have identified it with. The Alexa app has to be installed on your phone along with the Sonos app in order for this to work properly.

Take care

Freddie, I’m using the Google assistant for this.

Paul, I’ll try removing everything and re-adding.

Removing / adding the assistant and the app didn’t do anything for me, same error “not supported on the move”

Sonos support was less than helpful, this still does not work.

Hi @tgtcat6.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

We apologize for the experience with our Support team. I would like to recommend the same situation of contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. If you feel that the Support team does not meet your expectation of service provided, please do not hesitate to ask for assistance from our tier 2. They have additional tools necessary for testing and conducting further evaluation and investigation about this concern. This is for our engineering team and our tier 2 team would be made aware and conduct an investigation of this is a bug, a glitch, or an issue that needs to be taken care of by our engineering team. This is not a normal behavior as it should be a functioning command since you are using a paid premium subscription with the music service and asking a voice assistant to play the music on your Sonos Move.

Please let me know how it goes. I’ll be more than happy to help if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,

After my third call, I’m told that Sonos does not support using the Google Assistant to play SirusXM.