Suddenly "Unable to connect to Sonos"

• 12 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi all - I have come home today and my Sonos S1 app will no longer connect to any devices or wifi. I am getting a screen like this:

I have bee running and old bridge with older Play:1s and a Beam. I have tried fixing it in the S1 app, and have also tried disconnecting the Bridge and connecting the Beam directly to an ethernet cable whilst using the newer app. Neither of these seem to work. As far as I’m aware I’ve granted all the permissions I need too in iOS. No changes to my router which is a BT Smart Hub (an original one). I’ve tried the workaround of turning off the 5hz on this with no joy.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any recent BT/iOS changes that may have happened. I have read through the older topic about the BT smart hubs and doesn’t seem applicable here?

Thanks!!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

See what happens if, first of all, you simply put all the devices back as they were with the Bridge wired to the router - it’s normally an old Bridge (intermittent) power-supply fluctuation issue. 

If you can get the system running in your S1 App first and then see the options available to you in this support link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3458

Thanks Ken - I did see that, I have tried plugging the Beam directly into the router (well its a plug extender as the router is in a utility cupboard) via an ethernet cable that the Bridge was previously connected too, but the newer app still won’t connect to it?

Ben

Thanks Ken - I did see that, I have tried plugging the Beam directly into the router (well its a plug extender as the router is in a utility cupboard) via an ethernet cable that the Bridge was previously connected too, but the newer app still won’t connect to it?

Ben

You will need to use the older S1 App with the Bridge. The Bridge is not S2 compatible.

And frequently, “plug extenders” don’t play well with Sonos, so you may need (temporarily) a longer ethernet cable, or a closer speaker to plug in to. Just don’t use a sub or a surround speaker, it needs to be the main speaker of whatever “room” it is in the Sonos software.