Skip to main content
Technique is not stabel yet. Streaming sonos one over airplay 2 with 2 sonos connect’s inthe same group does nit really gives a solid output stream. Without airplay 2 no probkems. When will we get the first update on this? Maybe sonos did anounce the airplay 2 feature a bit too early. Risking there good name in music streaming devices,
Airplay 2, since it uses three times the bandwidth, requires a more robust network than regular streaming using the Sonos app. Many users have no problems with Airplay 2, but your network has to be able to handle the increased traffic.
Ok i will look into that. I have apple extreme and 3x express accespoints. Connect’s are wired to my net work and sonos one connected on wifi. Didn’t activate the wireless network on the sonos app! Shoukd i do that for airplay 2 streaming with sonos one?
You are in Sonosnet (or Boost) setup. That is optimum for bandwidth use. However, you will need to set the channel used by your Sonos to something different from your router. That will divide the bandwidth used over 2 sets of channels. For instructions on changing your wireless channel see this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1219?language=en_US
While I agree this is a disappointment, they have stated that they can't add airplay to older devices because of specific hardware requirements in the airplay 2 spec. The older stuff just flat out doesn't have what's needed. I am disappointed as well but it is what it is, I think overall Sonos has done a damn good job of making the most of their hardware. Now I just hope they update the non native devices over the next couple of years to add whats needed.