Skip to main content

Hi all,

i just bought a Sonos system with the Arc, sub and Sonos one.

iblove them all!

my questions it’s when playing music, is it possible to play only with the Sonos one as Stereo system without the sub and the soundbar?

thank you.

Not easily, at present. If you currently have them bonded as rear effects, the options are:

1. un-bond them, set up as a new “ room” and then re-bond them when you go back to movies;
  2. Set them to “full” rather than “ambient” end turn up their volume when listening to music. (The Arc will still play sound too. )

Easy “unbonding” is a long-standing request but Sonos doesn’t share its development roadmap so if and when is unknown. 

To add to the above, as well as setting the Ones to Music Playback “full” in the Surround Audio menu, you can also temporarily disable the Sub through the Sub Audio option. There is an on/off slider. The Sub remains part of the surround sound room when using this option, so you don’t have to keep deleting and re-assigning it.

Thank you for your tips! 
that will help me a lot.

i used to have a Bose system with the soundbar at 700.

There is definitely nothing to compare with Sonos.

quality and easy set up so much better.

i just find it weird there is no manual adjustment your can do for listen music in stereo more easily and some set up for the soundbar.

hope this part will improve

I have also a problem with Apple TV, when I want to choice the subtitle and language I did notice I have two option for audio.

tv speaker 

and living room Sonos.

when I switch to Sonos room, the sound play and cut

when I used tv speaker it’s my Sonos system play not my tv .