Skip to main content

How would we disconnect my wife's iPhone so I can connect my Android to SONOS please??

Thank you

You don’t need to disconnect the iPhone. Just download the Sonos app on the Android phone and login using the same username and password.

Or, if you’re using a Bluetooth connection, turn off Bluetooth on your wife’s iPhone. 

You don’t need to disconnect the iPhone. Just download the Sonos app on the Android phone and login using the same username and password.

Thank you! But I am the owner creator and original app user.  It worked fine on my phone until my wife got the app too. Apple always seems to wreak havoc. 
It worked fine yesterday when she drove away.  :)

Or, if you’re using a Bluetooth connection, turn off Bluetooth on your wife’s iPhone. 

Thanks I will try that.  I just wish there was a way to make my phone the primary    :’(

I really don’t understand… there is no way that the app being on your wife’s phone would affect its operation on your phone.  There must be some other explanation.

All the data provided by the OP points to a Bluetooth connection to the Sonos, and not the use of a Sonos controller. Essentially, ignoring all the benefits of a ‘smart’ speaker system. 

When she  was in the house , Sonos did not recognize my phone. 

When she left everything was normal.

Today I am able to use it even though shes upstairs . 

The next time I let her use it, I'll see if shutting off her Bluetooth helps,BUT I am using it with no Bluetooth right now. 

I just find the app VERY clunky. No obvious paths to my stereo attached by PORT. 

Hard to navigate to Spotify, Pandora. 

I cantvwait to try to connect ALEXA to this hornets nest. 🤣

Thank you all!!!!

I guess I shall keep experimenting the next time my wife wants to take over.

Not even sure about how to do that since I am suppisedly NOT USING Bluetooth 

If you’re not using Bluetooth, nothing makes any sense. There can be up to 32 controllers connected to a single Sonos system at a time, so your phone and your wife’s phone can be connected at the same time, and have zero ‘blocking’ effect on the other one. 

If you are using Bluetooth then only one of you can connect to a speaker.  But that has absolutely nothing to do with the Sonos app.

You can play direct from Spotify or Pandora apps to your Sonos system over wifi.

Or you can simply tap the Rooms icon (vertical bars) on the Navigation Bar to select the rooms you want to play through, and then the musical note icon to select Spotify, Pandora etc. Or select the search icon to look for particular music across sources

IMO it could not be much easier.  You just need a little familiarity.