Skip to main content

spotify stats

• 2 December 2021
  • 5 replies

I was just wondering if (when streaming music through spotify on sonos), the spotify statistics are recorded. For example, if they contribute to spotify wrapped and if they contribute music recommendations. 

The reason I’m asking is because i listen to A LOT of music and find a good majority of it through my spotify recommendations but i feel like it’s been off lately which is probably because i play music 90% of the time through sonos.

I should also mention that i play music through the spotify app and just uses the speaker as the device.

It sounds dramatic but it’s honestly a deal breaker for me.

Oh similarly, does anyone know the answer to this question but for amazon speakers (like an amazon dot)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge +17

Hi @ezkie,

I’m afraid I don’t know the definitive answer to this, as it’s not clear which sources Spotify pulls the data from for use in Spotify Wrapped. I will say that the artists I’ve been listening to via Sonos didn’t show in my Wrapped, so I’m guessing that they only count streams initiated from the Spotify app. Contacting Spotify support will likely get the answer you’re looking for, as all of that processing is controlled and handled by Spotify directly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Just an addition: Spotify streams that are started via Google Assistant in my experience count as Spoty streams, not Sonos streams, so they probably will come up in your Wrapped.

Off topic: This is probably also why the Spotify Hue synchronization works when a stream is started via GA, but not when it is started from the Sonos app.

Find an app or website that can compile your Spotify stats into user-friendly information. Personally, I use spotipie but there are other great options out there. 

Spotify enthusiasts use Spotipie to access detailed listening statistics. By logging in with Spotify, users can view a thorough breakdown of their music habits.

Moderator edit: This post may have been written by AI. Link replaced with text.

Hey music lovers! Curious about your top artists and favorite Spotify genres? Explore MySpotiPie at spotipie.com! Uncover your unique music profile and dive deep into your Spotify journey today!