Spotify songs stop playing, or skip, and losses connection to playbar

• 6 March 2022
  • 1 reply

About a few months ago my Spotify stopped playing songs 30 seconds into playing then on my wireless Sonos Playbar home theatre setup. It would also skip songs, and sometimes out of the blue it would start playing another song without any input from me, all using the Spotify App on my iphone. I researched many threads online and even contacted Spotify. I tried alot of the suggestions provided to no avail. Then I tried the Spotify App on my smart TV and it worked flawlessly. So why doesn’t the Spotify App work on my iphone?

This got me wondering why. Then I read that Sonos only uses the 2.4 ghz wireless band and not the 5 ghz band. So I checked the wifi connection on my iphone and it was connected via the 5 ghz band. So I changed my iphone wifi to the 2.4 ghz band and now Spotify works flawlessly again. At least for the last week or so. 

I thought I would relay this to others with similar problems. Good luck.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @uncleglennie 

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thanks for sharing your findings!

For what it’s worth, your router should be bridging the 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands so that they are the same network. You may find some relevant settings in your router’s configuration pages, but I’d  recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to resolve this for you.

I hope this helps.