Question

Speaker always disappears in Spotify's desktop app

• 16 July 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi,

I have a problem with my sonos speakers and the spotify windows application.

I have a Connect:Amp and a Play:1. In the windows sonos controller both are listed but in spotify the play:1 is there less than half of the time. Sometimes the connect:amp also doesn't show (this one is even connected to my computer through rj45, the play:1 is on wifi). Even when I start the playback from the sonos controller, spotify won't pick it up.
Sometimes when I use the android Spotify app I will see the device that doesn't show in the windows app (and probably sometimes the opposite).

It is very annoying and I don't know what to do about it. Because of this I didn't buy the other speakers I wanted : I need to be sure it works fine first.

Can anybody help me? I would submit a diagnostic but I don't really know when since I don't see it appear/disappear immediately and the sonos app works fine.

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello Thomas Thiry, you mentioned that the CONNECT:AMP is connected to your computer? That wouldn't be a supported configuration and may cause issues with connectivity. Could you connect that CONNECT:AMP directly to the router via ethernet instead? Also, would you mind sending us a diagnostic report so we can take a look? Here's how: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi, thanks for your reply.

When I say connected to the computer I mean through an Ethernet network (on which there is a router), sorry for the confusion. So this configuration should be ok.

For the diagnostic, like I said it's difficult to know when to send it. But I'll send one as soon as I see the devices disappear again (probably next time I reboot my computer).

I just had that an hour ago and the way to bring the sonos devices back in spotify on my desktop is to open the app on my android phone and view the list of devices from there, then it shows again in the windows application.

Does that help?
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hello Miles,

I just submitted a diagnostic. I currently cannot see my sonos speaker called "Kitchen" in the spotify windows application. I see it however in the sonos windows application.
Diagnostic number: 7683521

If I hit play in the sonos application for the kitchen speaker it still doesn't appear in the spotify application. If I group them then ungroup then it also doesn't work.
And all a sudden after this even the currently playing speaker (another one) disappeared from the spotify application. So basically I cannot stop the playback anymore...
I submitted a second diagnostic for that: 7683539

I opened the mobile spotify app and there all the speakers are present. The smartphone appears in the windows application (but still not the sonos speakers) I started playing some music on the phone (it wouldn't show the music that was already playing). Then I tried 3 times to cast it to one of the speakers (kitchen), the third time it worked and the "kitchen" speaker finally appeared in the windows application again. However if I try to do the same with the living room it doesn't work. So now it's in the living room that I don't have any music.
I submitted yet another diagnostic with this: 7683562
(I eventually managed to get it working again by grouping the speakers again)

I bought my sonos speakers a few months ago, and since then I have had issue constantly. This prevented me from buying other speakers for the other rooms like I originally planned to.

Can you help me please?

Thank you in advance.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi, thanks for your reply.

When I say connected to the computer I mean through an Ethernet network (on which there is a router), sorry for the confusion. So this configuration should be ok.

For the diagnostic, like I said it's difficult to know when to send it. But I'll send one as soon as I see the devices disappear again (probably next time I reboot my computer).

I just had that an hour ago and the way to bring the sonos devices back in spotify on my desktop is to open the app on my android phone and view the list of devices from there, then it shows again in the windows application.

Does that help?

To clarify is the CONNECT:AMP's Ethernet connection connected to your PC or to the router? If it is connected to the PC via Ethernet you'll want to move the CONNECT:AMP's connection to one of the router's Ethernet ports.

After reviewing the diagnostic everything appears to be working normally and Sonos is not losing network connectivity. If you use the Sonos application and play Spotify via the added Music Service does everything work correctly?
Userlevel 1
Badge
The CONNECT:AMP is connected to the router via rj45, so is the computer as well.
Yes, the sonos application works fine and it can play spotify music.
The problem is with the integration with the spotify application (which I find much easier to use than the sonos one)